Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving!

Today I am cooking for a party of 12, my family and 2 good friends that are like family to us and so they come to every family gather we have just about. We are so thankful for them and our precious family. We are thankful that even though we are afflicted with many ailments they are not serious and all my family is doing well, cancers have been cured in two family members over the years, God is good. We are so thankful our ancestors came to this wonderful land we call America so long ago, from Scotland, England, Ireland mainly. I have read about my family ancestors in the civil war and other wars, their struggles for us to get where we are, may we take care to preserve our heritage, that God has blessed us with. We will eat the traditional Thanksgiving day feast that I will prepare for my family today. It's a lot of work but I enjoy doing it.




Remember when I posted this recipe? Thanksgiving Blessing Mix, well I am posting it again or the link rather because now I have a photo to go with the recipe.
You Can print the recipe from this link.
http://www.shinymoonbeams.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-blessings-mix.html


I made the cute eat pie stick and some place cards for Thanksgiving, I am doing a lot of paper crafts, you can check out my craft blog for all that I have been doing craft wise. 




THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS MIX

2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
2 cups small pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
1 cup M&Ms chocolate candy
16 Hershey's chocolate kisses

In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey's Kisses. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Blessing Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey's Kiss to each bag. Close bag with chenille stem or twist-tie.

I made a card stock attachment that reads:





THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS MIX

Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer.
Candy Corn: Hardships of the Pilgrim's first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day.
Nut or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with diligence.
Dried Fruits/Raisin : Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Isn't this a wonderful recipe? Are you counting your blessings?



Psalm 145:7 

They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

These cute graphics were made by Countryside Haven, she is no longer online, they are so sweet. I got them many years ago.

Happy Thanksgiving!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I did not know you had a craft blog, I will have to go over for a visit. I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving!! I am getting ready to go out Black Friday shopping. You might remember this is Karl's thing, not mine, but since the stores are opening earlier...10PM I think, I am going. I can stay up late, it is getting up early I do not care for. Anyway, I will let you know if it was worth it.
    I had a nice day at my parent's house. Lots of yummy food. I like the picture you posted of the Thanksgiving Blessings Mix!! Such a cute turkey in the middle!!
    Have a nice evening!! (((BIG HUGS)))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like you had a full house. We did too. So much to be thankful for.
    We had lots of fun, and now we're back home, and I'm trying to rest a little before school next week.
    That mix looks yummy!
    Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat, just zooming around making some visits. Hope you're doing well and having a fabulous week! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Kat, hope you are doing well, enjoying the grandkids and the holiday season! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful week ahead. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi kat,
    Popping in to say hi and see how you're doing. Hope your week is going well. Christmas is just around the corner, eeeks! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Kat :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails