Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Good Bye Elizabeth

Yesterday I learned some shocking news about an online friend Elizabeth. I have known her since about 1996 or 1997. We met while sharing website we made through Geo Cities a close knit country graphics lovers group of gals. She always had a beautiful website, all the cutest ever country graphics. Her website was adorned with her love for tea and her dog at the time Tequila.
A very private person always since I have known her, you knew very little about her. I did read back in many of her last post and notice that she did talk about how she was feeling a lot. It was very subtle.
She was only a year older then I, I'm sorry to say it was her birthday recently and by the looks of her facebook page it seems she might have been ill that day. From what I understand she passed away on October 22nd. Her birthday was October 3rd and I don't see any posts from her on that date or beyond. My imagination can only wonder what must have happened, what she must have gone through. It saddens my heart to hear this about her. There is speculation that she died from Hepatitis but this is a mystery to me as to why she would die from that. I hope we can find out more about why she passed away soon.
The last I have heard from her was October 1, this was her favorite time of year.
She was a huge Beardie Collie lover and she had lost her beloved Tequila a few years ago and then later after much nudging she eventually got Buddy. Her husband worked away from home a lot so I know Buddy her dog was a huge comfort to her.
She had moved from New York to Mississippi and seemed to love it very much, she loved to take photos like me and loved her Mac Computer as much as I love mine.

She had a thing for purses the name brand kind, loved to read and watch movies and drink tea and visit with her friends and take walks.

I took her last two photos from her blog to post here to remember her by. This last photo she had on her blog is of a tea candle in the leaf trivet, it's so fitting of her to leave a bit of light behind when she went away.
      
Here is her wonderful and constant companion Buddy.
 She said he could not be a show dog because his eyes were one brown and one blue, but that is very unique and kind of cool to me, how silly for that not to be a show dog!
It's all I can imagine is Buddy looking everywhere for his beloved Elizabeth.

Good Bye Elizabeth I will miss you so much!  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! You really knew Elizabeth a long time. I didn't start my website until early 2002 but she was one of the 1st friends I made. I still don't have any new info but she did see her birthday greetings because she replied to some of them on FB. If it was hepatitis, there are several types and at least one of them is very dangerous and can cause liver failure. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Elizabeth! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    That is nice tribute to Elizabeth. I posted about her yesterday. I miss her!
    Take care, have a wonderful day.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again! Thanks for your comment... I forgot to answer your question about weight... same story here- once Ryan was born and I was babysitting him I didn't have time for exercise like I used to plus I was eating all his leftovers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, I was so sorry to hear about her loss too. My latest post are on her also and I am offering an adotpion frome her graphics. I enjoyed reading your blog. Have a great day with our cooler weather. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Always sad when someone we know passes, and to not know all the details must make it even harder for you. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, I am so sorry to hear about Elizabeth. That is so sad. In my heart I know she is smiling down on you for such a lovely tribute to her.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post Kat and yes, it is very fitting she had a candle on her site as her last. I hadn't even thought about that until you posted that here, but you are so right. I started my website in 2000 I believe, but she was one of the first I met. I fell in love with Tequila and Buddy also. When Tequila died, I cried and cried. I am doing the same now that we have lost Elizabeth. It makes me sad to think about Buddy looking for his mommy. Oh how sad. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat, thank you for the wonderful tribute to Elizabeth. I didn't realize she passed. Thank you again for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails