Friday, November 4, 2011

Count it all to Joy and Thanksgiving Blessing Mix


I have been away for about a month except for yesterday's post about Elizabeth. 

I have been so stressed out these past months and when I am stressed I am also depressed and the last thing I want to do is write in my blog.

I feel a little better today, I hope that will continue for awhile. Everything is fine between my husband and I just thought I would get that out, it's not the thing that depresses me, he is a huge support for me and I don't know what I would ever do without him. I hate to even think of it, it scares me so much. 
Every since I met him he has been the kindest man I have ever known. 

So even though I have been so stressed out you have to count it all to joy when you look into Baby Rylans little sweet face and my granddaughter Morgan's eyes. They really are the sunshine in my life. I always remember singing to my kids and Morgan you are my Sunshine. I have not yet sang that to Rylan.

Here is a photo I took of him yesterday while he was visiting me with his mommy. Kirsten goes back to work in about 10 days, it's going to be so hard for her. She cries every day to leave her sweet baby. I used to tell her that would be hard on her but she did not believe me until she had Rylan.  

Here is a Thanksgiving Blessing Mix my friend Lori sent to me in a email in 2007 that I found in my old emails this morning. I have some emails saved to an external harddrive. 
I hope you enjoy it and you can copy it and pass it along, it's pretty cool and so fitting for this time of year.  


THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS MIX


2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
2 cups small pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
1 cup M&Ms chocolate candy
16 Hershey's chocolate kisses

In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey's Kisses. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Blessing Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey's Kiss to each bag. Close bag with chenille stem or twist-tie.

I made a card stock attachment that reads:

THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS MIX

Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer.
Candy Corn: Hardships of the Pilgrim's first winter. Food was so scarce that the settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn per day.
Nut or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one will reap only if seeds are planted and tended to with diligence.
Dried Fruits/Raisin : Harvest gifts of our bountiful land.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to guide us to a blessed future.
Hershey's Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Isn't this a wonderful recipe? Are you counting your blessings?


9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling so down lately! I hope it gets better for you. I feel the same way about my hubby. AND he was in Afghanistan for over a year and I was so frightful at times. But God is good, even in the hard times He's always there with us. Enjoy your weekend. Your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    I'm sorry that you have been feeling sad lately. I hope you will start feeling better soon. Rylan is such a little sweetheart! We are learning how precious grandchildren can be as we babysit Parker several times a week. He is such a blessing to us. :) Take care my friend. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you have been sad lately. I know how that goes. I am glad you are feeling a little better.
    Rylan is so cute. He is getting so big. Thanksgiving will be fun with him there and Christmas will be so much fun.
    I need to be getting with my mom soon to get Thanksgiving planned out.
    How are the furbabies? Edie, Effie and Tabitha?
    I better go. Take care and have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    Sorry you feel down :( Hope you feel better over the weekend. Rylan is adorable :) I now have Great Grandchildren to look forward too lol Not yet but Justin has been with a wonderful girl now for 2 years. Actually she lives with me. We fixed up the spare room. To answer your question still working the 2 jobs I am at the Hospital now until midnight. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and yes you are very blessed to have a wonderful husband. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you've been down lately. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Your grandson is just as sweet as can be. I'll be praying for your daughter too.
    The Thanksgiving Blessing Mix is such a cute idea.
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend, my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things will brighten up quickly for you. Will keep you in mind for good things.
    What a cutie the baby is and how cute are those jeans!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Elizabeth. How very sad. It is good to see you blogging again though I've missed you!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,
    Sorry you have been feeling down. Hope you are better now.
    Rylan is so cute!! Great pic.

    The Thanksgiving Blessing mix is a great idea! I have something similiar to it in the past.
    Take care and have a nice weekend.
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat,
    I hope you're feeling more relaxed now. It's horrible being stressed. I wanted to let you know that I have a new blog address. I had to let my site go, for now. It's a Blogger page. No rush to visit me, just wanted to update you. Take care, Kat. Huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails