Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October 1st

The weather has turned to fall just in time for the first day of October, I cannot believe that fall is here, it seems like a long year to me, but at the same time, time seems to be flying by.

This week I was very busy, Shock!, Steve had the five days off like I said in my last post, I spent a day with Kirsten and Rylan and we made flowers, we are working on a project. We are using McGill's Paper Punches to make the flowers.
Here is the flower we made. Kirsten made the flower I painted the edges and cut the shapes using the punches. Didn't it turn out so pretty? this is a sunflower.

Here is a photo I took of Rylan and Kirsten while they were here.  

Rylan is 6 weeks old already, he sleeps to much during the day and then cries all evening long driving Kirsten to tears. I told to try and stimulate him during the day to keep him awake a bit. 
He is so cute but still so tiny. Newborn clothes are still a bit big on him.

On Thursday my mom came up and we made two chocolate pecan pies for Shane's birthday.  Friday I had the family over that's 9 of us now not including Glenn, Kirsten's husband who is on the road or Rylan who is to young to sit at the table.  I have a growing family!

I have a recipe that I make a lot for myself that I made up and thought I would share it with you. I have pretty much given up beef and am eating only fish, chicken and turkey, that is not to say that I never have a steak or some other type of meat, but generally I don't eat it. It's not because I don't like eating beef, I do, I just think fish, chicken and turkey are healthy choices we also eat a lot more beans such as black beans and refried beans and a lot more fruit these days. We had gotten out of eating healthy and we are back on track though I did eat some pie for Shane's birthday.



Here is the recipe California Salmon Patties, it's located for download in a PDF file for easy printing on my crystal suncatcher website. 

Have a happy first day of October!








7 comments:

  1. Sunflower looks great and what an adorable little boy!! You are so blessed!

    Have a great week.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the flowers are so pretty.
    But Rylan takes the adorable prize hands down.
    I love salmon patties for dinner!
    Have a lovely Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is so adorable! And the sunflower is really pretty. Oh I love beef! But I understand completely why you're doing this! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your sunflowers! It's so hard these early months when they cry a lot and poor mom gets so sleep deprived. I'm sure it's extra hard with her husband on the road so she's alone with no ione to relieve her. That's a sweet photo of the two of them! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunflower turned our pretty. I love sunflowers.

    Rylan is just adorable. How we all remember those sleepless nights with a little on. It is hard to try to sleep when they are napping during the day. But that is what they say to do.

    Your salmon patties looks delicious. I was just talking to Tom about the Salmon pie my mom used to make when I was a kid. I do like salmon and I have yet to make one of those pies and I don't know why.

    I hope you have a lovely.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby is so cute! Happy october to you too!

    Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunflower is lovely! And the baby so cute! Makes me look forward even more, if that is possible, to welcoming our own sweet little blessing in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails