Monday, August 1, 2011

Turning the Calender

Happy August! 
A life without love is like a year without summer.  ~Swedish Proverb
Yesterday we had Kirsten and the kids over for her birthday dinner. I made taco salads, I had a cute fluted style backing pan to heat up large tortilla's to make home-made taco shells. It was really good. For Dessert we had Chocolate Soufflé and since Brandon does not like Chocolate I had to make vanilla pudding also. Who can't love chocolate right?? that is so funny to me.


Kirsten amost 8 months along

Brandon and Kayla Kirsten's step children

I made a cute owl bag for my crochet yarn to stash in when I am working on small projects and carry around the house to where I am working at that moment. I love it! I want to make this pattern again for perhaps a small purse for me. Although I have my eye on a darling purse I want up at the Ross where you can get name brand purses for really cheap. 



Steve and I bought a really uptown NordicTrack, it's not the top of the line but very very nice and has the iFit. Last night I walked one mile on it. I plan on walking everyday and would like to reach up to 6 miles on a incline, that is my goal. Since we get so hot in the summer and so cold in the winter this is going to be a great! and I can walk all year long no matter the weather.  

We really turned the house upside down just putting that in our guest room. First off we didn't have TV in that room, so not to take up so much room Steve built some shelving in the closet to accommodate a TV and all the trimmings including gaming stuff.  What a great idea, the TV is all tucked away in the closet that was practically empty and does not end up taking up more space in our guest room after putting in the huge NordicTrack.    
We also needed another TV, so he bought a new flat screen and he moved our older TV into the guest room and put the new one in our bedroom.
My husband is superman because this was a very heavy lifting job the weight of the NordicTrack was over 300 lbs. 
Here is the specs on it.
Train for performance and run for success with the NordicTrack C 1500. This runner's treadmill features a large motor, an oversized display, a Polar® wireless chest pulse and a revolutionary -3% decline. Compatible with iFit Live™*, this treadmill delivers workouts Powered by Google Maps™, training with Jillian Michaels and automatic speed and incline controls. This wireless technology is the ultimate workout experience! The C 1500 also features a Compatible Music Port for iPod®** and 24 built-in workout apps.*Requires iFit Live™ wireless adapter. Wireless adapter sold separately
**iPod is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. iPod® not included.Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. 

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kat~
    Kirsten is looking well! Her birthday dinner sounds delicious.
    I had to laugh when I read your Swedish Proverb because if I had to give up a season, summer would definitely be it!! Me and heat DO NOT get along! :)
    Your owl bag is so cute! Owls seem to be popular right now.
    I have a treadmill too and it nice to be able to walk and exercise regardless of the weather.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!! Kirsten's birthday dinner sounds wonderful and chocolate is my favorite.
    Very cute purse!! It is so nice you are crafy and can make things.
    Enjoy your Nordic track!! I had a treadmill, but gave it away...there is no room in our house. Maybe once we move I can get something so I can exercise. I would have to drive a long way to get to a gym.
    Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! Kristen looks great and I'll bet you all can't wait! Good luck with your Nordic Track- all the fun programs they have now is a big help. I am not good at exercising without motivation like that or a DVD to follow. It will help in the heat of the summer or even cold, rainy days to be able to exercise in the comfort of home! Love Taco Salads! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails