Friday, August 5, 2011

Hooked on Crochet

Hello, I hope you're doing fine. The weather has been much cooler this summer and I am enjoying it. One more birthday to go that is my husband Steve's. I want to get him a nice gift and he has left me a hint on accident, so I am going shopping for it tomorrow, It's a tool and then I am going to get him a few shirts, he hates to shop for himself and then something sweet.    




I am looking forward to crocheting up some Christmas gifts and have been crocheting a lot in the evenings, it's very relaxing. Before I started doing this craft again I was pacing and edgy in the evening. Steve does not get home until about 7 each evening, and on his days off he watches a lot of TV and I am really not into TV. I was not in the mood to read or watch TV. Then I purchased a subscription to Crochet Today and pulled out my yarn and started crocheting again. I have not made anything that was in the Crochet Today magazine except a few small things. All the things I have crocheted so far have been from other sources. I am making my mom a purple Amineko a cute purple one, her favorite color is purple.
Here is going to be my next project a baby cocoon & Cape. I bought this pattern to make baby Rylan a one. 
The first one I am going to make is the brown and blue baby bear, I have the blue yarn but need to get the correct brown, I hope to have this made before the baby gets here. The second one I will make for Christmas, the orange cape, but I will make it in blue.


Exercise..I'm enjoying the NordicTrack very much. I am up to 2 miles daily on a 3 incline. The only motivation I need it seeing how many calories I am burning. It was 275 calories yesterday. My goal is to get to six miles daily. I can see that will be a lot of calories burned and I am really looking forward to making my goal. I have cut back on eating also so I can lose at least 6 lbs or 10 would be ideal. I tend to gain weight in my stomach. The rest of stays small, I don't want to look like a chicken as I age. 


2 Cor 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!     

Until next time, have a great week.      

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! My Mom crocheted constantly! She loved it, & I am so happy that I have some of her work to remember her hobby by.

    I loved the baby cocoon & cape! He will definitely be spoiled by his Nana (is that what you are called?)!

    Glad your excerise is going well. I have a treadmill, but it's in our garage. I find that I don't do it as much since it's so hot out there.

    Have a blessed weekend! Hugs
    Wow - Morgan has grown up!! Her hair looks so much darker, & you are right - it looks really thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on your Nordic Track!! Yay!!!
    Those baby crochet things are adorable, my Granie would have loved making those. She could crochet anything.
    Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! I never did knit but I did crochet a few shawls back in the early 70's when they were very popular. Glad you're enjoying your NordicTrack. Jessica waitressed in college and she really likes it so it's not a problem for her. I think if she had someone to watch the boys, she'd teach in the day and waitress at night and weekends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kat, I have never knitted nor crocheted. Sometimes I wish I could. This is such a special time for you with the baby coming soon! Your Nordic Track sounds helpful, I hope you reach your goal soon. Glad your summer is cooler this year, enjoy it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, you must be very very good. Will be anxious tos ee them when you are done.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails