Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Rylan Arrives

Good Wednesday morning to you!

My new grandson has arrived! he weighed 7 lbs and 11 oz. He was born on August 19 just after 1 am. He will be two weeks old this Friday. It's been a very long two weeks.
He is just adorable as any Grammy would think.

I have been so busy the weeks before Kirsten gave birth and then last week I spent so much time with her and the baby until her husband arrived back home from his long hall trucking job to meet his new son. Kirsten gave birth to baby Rylan three weeks early if they got her due date correct in the first place, Glenn her husband was in Kentucky.

Kirsten had a difficult birth becaue Rylan was coming out sideways, shoulder first which they call Dystocia. I had never heard of that, but while watching Baby Rylan being born I knew something was wrong, but I had to stay calm so Kirsten would not know that something was wrong and freak out. Rylan was not breathing for the longest time, it was very scary. The doctor had to keep turning Rylan to get him out.
Here is a link to a video of an animation of Dystocia, it's not a real birth. Here is the link.  It's an interesting video of just what happened. I have not shown Kirsten the video because that would just upset her. Even though she wanted to know how everyone knew there was something wrong. Praise the Lord no injury to Kirsten or Baby Rylan. He is healthy and all is well.

I chose three photos to show off one of Kirsten and her baby boy and one of Morgan my granddaughter with her new cousin Baby Rylan. That is what we have been calling him, and one of Rylan alone, he is actually laying in his snugabunny baby swing, but you can't see that.





I posted a recipe of Ezekiel bread in my last post but was not able to visit anyone. So go check out the recipes.

I have a yummy recipe I made up this weekend, I will share that next time. It's a yummy MUFA bread recipe.

Have a great Wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. Rylan is so cute! I'm sure it must have been scary during the delivery. Glad he's doing OK now.
    Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! I can imagine you were scared and worried. I'm glad you were able to be with her tho since her hubby was on the road. I watched the video and had never heard of that type of delivery either. Glad the doctor and nurses knew how to manage it. I think of Jessica's birth with Jacob where he came so quick the nurses had to deliver before the doctor got there. She was fortunate it was uncomplicated! Enjoy Rylan! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kat, Rylan is so tiny, what a joy. I'm so happy you were able to be with your daughter. Glad all went well with the delivery, it must have been pretty scary. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    How exciting that your grandson has arrived! His delivery sounds like it was so scary, and I'm thankful to read he was born safely. He sure is a cute little one! Congratulations to your whole family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad everything worked out and the baby is fine. He is adorable! I bet you are all having so much fun with him...enjoy!!
    Happy Labor Day!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails