Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I can't believe it's already the 4th of July. I hope you have a wonderful day!

It was cool weather just last week and today it's going to be over 100 degrees, it just came up on us so fast. I am not going to the park this year for fireworks or having a BBQ. The kids are on their own today to come up with their own food and entertainment. Steve and I are going to stay out of the heat and meet my mom for lunch at Marie Calenders.  

Next weekend we will be off to Monterey and Carmel for our anniversary. I am so looking forward to it.

I started a new project Friday night, I am making a Amineko the crochet cat, it's very popular as I was doing a search on the Internet for it and wow everyone that crochets is making this cat. It's been out a few years. I am almost done, it's going to be for Kirsten's baby Rylan. I am making the cat a teal blue, but the next one I am going to make for Morgan is going to be green and tan or cream. I can't wait to show off the cute kitty! 

Here is a bit about Amineko the cat.
I can't make any profit from amazon anymore because of Gov Brown in CA, but that's a topic for someone else to talk about.  But here is the link to the book above. Although my husband and I are trying to plot our way out of California we hope within 5 years.  

Hello My Name is Amineko follows the journey of Amineko the Crochet Cat and his crocheted friends as they eat, sleep, and have lots of fun and adventures. The book comes with complete step-by-step photography and instructions for creating an Amineko of your very own and personalizing this cute cat with different facial expressions, clothing, and even bedding. Hundreds of color photographs tell the adorable tales, and mischief, that Amineko and his friends find themselves in, with complete instructions for knitting adventures of your own.

About the Author 
Born in Tokyo 1967, Nekoyama has been a life-long lover of cats. Cats and their endearing mischief have never failed to cheer her up. She created her first Amineko by accident and has never looked back. Today, she and her husband are the proud parents of many Aminekos. Nekoyama’s first book, A Day In the Life of Amineko, was published in Japan in 2005. 
    


I am going to have to rent a truck to get everything to Kristen's baby shower I have purchased so many things off her Registry and made so many things for baby Rylan. I also bought an adorable baby swing for the baby with all the bells and whistles.
The baby swing is by Fisher Price called my Little Snugabunny Cradle and Swing.


I finished Kirsten's diaper bag and now I am working on a second one.  I have the second diaper bag almost done it is hot pink.

The photo here is of the first one I did for her, I wish I had made the bag with a stiff interfacing in it, so I am making another, but it turned out okay.   

 The other project I am working on is a crochet necklace with crochet beads to wear on our trip to Monterey. I am almost done with that. Steve is amazed at how I am juggling so many projects all at once, but that also means I don't have a lot of time for anything else right now.

Have a happy safe 4th of July!  

~Kat
UniversalScraps.com - 4th Of July Graphics







3 comments:

  1. I hope you had a nice 4th also Kat!! It has been miserably hot here also. I cannot imagine what August is going to be like. We got some rain this morning finally, our grass was dying. That usually does not happen until August.
    I LOVE that cat!!! Kirsten is going to love everything you got for her. She is so lucky.
    I hope you have a wonderful trip!! Happy Anniversary!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kat - long time no talk! i love the diaper bag and that swing is wonderful. I crochet, buy haven't heard about that cat - so cute! I'm not sure why you can't earn a profit at Amazon, but I do know we will soon be paying tax on stuff we buy there soon. Bummer. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! I have been here catching up with all that I've missed. I'm not back to blogging yet, but I am going to be posting in my SWD each Monday. I hope to return to blogging full time again. I miss my blog friends.

    I 'love' the cat!! Emily would go wild for it. Are you going to be offering them for sale? If so, I am first in line. :)

    Congratulations on your new grandson that will be born soon! How exciting! I love his name.

    I get daily Prophesy Update mailings, & they are very interesting. So much happening in the world, & people need to be aware.

    Hope you have a wonderful day Kat. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails