Monday, June 27, 2011

Marilyn Monroe Diaper Bag?

I can't believe it's almost July! first it rained and rained all the way through May. About a week after June came we got nice weather for a few days, then it got really really hot, now today it's been warm, but this evening it's cool and tomorrow and Wednesday is suppose to rain. Usually if we get rain in June it's muggy out, but right now it's not muggy at all. I love this nice cool breeze, we opened the windows and turned off the air conditioner.  I think I am going to enjoy this beautiful weather!


Yes as you can tell by my title a Marilyn Monroe Diaper bag is in the works. I don't think many people request this for a diaper bag, but Kirsten has and I tried to buy one anywhere and everywhere because I didn't want to make it when I seen there is no Marilyn Monroe fabric. It's been interesting thinking of how to make this diaper bag. One day Steve and I went out shopping and I dragged him to Joann's with me, well he only went because there is a guitar store next door. After he looked around in there for a spell he came over to Joann's and helped me pick out buttons and fabric for Kirsten's diaper bag.  I bought some cute black fabric with musical notes on it, Steve said why musical notes? Marilyn didn't sing, but surely she did sing, Happy Birthday Mr. President....happy birthday to you. I looked at other black fabric but nothing was as pretty as the musical notes. Before we had arrived to Joann's, I had stopped at a kiosk in the mall and bought a Marilyn Monroe t-shirt to cut up and put on the diaper bag. I have not finished it, but I will post my undone bag here since it might be awhile since I get back here. I will be sure to post the finished diaper bag next time I post. I don't have the handle on the bag or in innards in it yet and it is not finished off. It will look really pretty when it's done, so far I just have a bottle pocket on one side and the screen tee of Marilyn cut out and sewn on the front.    

I am in the midst of planning Kirsten's baby shower it will be in a few weeks on July 16,  the weekend before that is our 23rd anniversary, July 9, and we will be spending the weekend in our friends condo in Monterey/Carmel California. The condo sits up on a hill over looking the ocean.  We plan on dining at our favorite restaurants and visiting the aquarium and driving the 17 mile drive and combing the beaches. Isn't God's world beautiful!

After I finish the diaper bag I will begin the baby quilt. Everything is ready to go, so one thing right after the other until finished and ready to go before the baby shower and baby arrival. Kirsten is 7 months pregnant now and doing well. Her stomach is hard as a rock and she is caring the baby really low, she has from the beginning. I am getting excited to meet my new grandson.

I have forged a relationship with Kirsten's new family and the kids are just adorable they love me and I them. I go over to her house every other week and cook a nice dinner with bread and dessert. Her husband Glenn is always on the road trucking so she can use the company and I have a nice time visiting with Kirsten, Kayla and Brandon. Kirsten really appreciates the home cooked meal after working all day. She will go on maternity leave at the end of July. Baby is due at the end of August or beginning of September, the due date has changed a few times.

I have gone with Morgan to the movies lately quite a few times and with Kirsten's step kids Kayla and Brandon to $5.00 Tuesday's. this is awesome, we go to the movies all the time now that we found out about $5.00 Tuesday's. First Morgan and I seen Rio that was cute, then last week I watched with all the kids, Judy Moody and the not so Bummer Summer, in the same week I watched a good movie with Steve called Midnight in Paris, this is a good movie. I enjoyed it because of the art and literature elements and fantasy as well as gorgeous Paris scenery. Owen Wison and Rachel McAdams was in the movie, she is in everything it seems. I gave Morgan a gift card to the UA movie theater to go with her friends on $5.00 Tuesday's. She was excited when we left the movies and I stopped and bought her a gift card. Afterwards I take the kids to Sonic or if it's just Morgan and I we go to Panera Bread and chat and have some bagels and cream cheese and salad.

I hope you're having a fun summer?

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Kat~
    I don't believe I've ever seen a Marilyn Monroe diaper bag. I'm sure it will turn out great!
    So glad to hear Kirsten is doing well. It won't be long now!
    I'm so happy that you're getting along well with Kayla and Brandon. $5 Tuesdays sound fun!
    I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.
    Take care.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, what a fun idea for the diaper bag, it won't look like the classic ones. I love your suncatchers, they are so pretty.
    How nice to have such lovely lunches with Morgan, I have a feeling that Kirsten is going to have a fantastic baby shower. I hope your weathers stays this way, enjoy it while it lasts. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat!
    How exciting the baby will be here soon! I love the diaper bag idea! That is so cool!! :-) Hope you guys have a wonderful time on vacation!! Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    I had to post that way last time because blogger isn't always letting me comment regularly. Sorry. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat! Happy to hear Kirsten's pregnancy is going well. Both my babies were born in September so I got to go thru the last trimester in summer! ;) Actually, I didn't mind because I wore cool cotton shifts...easier than being bundled up in jeans and sweaters. I see you're crafting away for the baby. You would've been proud of me- I did some crafty things this month. Turned 2 brass chandeliers bronze and got a fantastic china cabinet for the new house for $100.00. (See posts on June 13, 14 and 21st)

    Nice that you and the kids are getting along so well. You're family grew and is still growing! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat!! That is a cute diaper bag. It sounds like you are so busy. I hope you have a nice trip. I would love to go on a trip about now. ;) I am completely done with college in December. I will be done student teaching in October, but I have to take a night class, so that put me done in december. I cannot wait. It has been a long time coming. It is hard on me at my age to go to college, work full time and have a family. I know people do it all of the time, but I am tired of it.
    Have a nice summer!! I am glad Kirsten is doing well. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat,
    It is good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that Kirsten and the baby are doing well! She doesn't have much longer now. The Marilyn Monroe diaper bag sounds cute, and definitely original! Can't wait to see a photo of the finished product. ☺

    It sounds like you are going to be very busy in the next few weeks! Have fun with the baby shower! I gave my daughter Megan a shower the beginning of April, so I know how much work goes into one...enjoy it! Also enjoy the time you will be spending in Carmel. It sounds wonderful! Have a fun trip, and a Happy Anniversary!!

    What do you think of the crazy weather we've been having? I sure enjoy the cool breeze, but it's going to be heating up into the 100's next week.

    Take care, thank you for stopping by for a visit! God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat, Wow so much exciting new news from you. It's been a couple of years since my last visit so I have lots of catching up to do.

    I decided to start blogging again. I'll have to start slowly but eventually get into the swing of things. I still have my suncatcher and think of you when it catches the sun which happens quite often here in FL.

    Feels good to visit you again. Be back soon. Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Kat, I'm glad to hear that Kirsten and the baby are doing well! :) And glad that you're getting along so well with Kayla and Brandon.
    That is a cute diaper bag.
    Happy 23rd wedding anniversary! :)
    *hugs* and happy 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails