Saturday, May 21, 2011

I have been MIA and I am another year older since I last posted, life is just so busy at times and there just is not enough time to do all the things I would love to do. Probably this is going to be a long post so I can get you all caught up on what's been going on in my life, of course I won't tell you everything just the fun things and important stuff (like what Kirsten's having a boy or girl?. I hope all is well with everyone and no one has been in the areas getting the floods?

It's all I have to say about today being the end of the world is this...strait from the bible.
"Of the day and hour knows no man, no not even the angels in heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36), If the Lord should come today though I am ready to go.

There are some serious things going on in the middle east and with Israel. I have posted on Facebook these links. Facebook is a great way to spread God's word and about what is going on the world. If you're not on Facebook get on there, what are you waiting for??
Christians and non Christians should take the time to read this if you don't keep up with the news of the day. Mike Evans keeps up with all the events of the middle east and Israel and I have learned so much from reading is letters and website and new magazine. 

Pray for Peace in Jerusalem Psalm 122:6.



This post was stared just days before my birthday April 9, but I got busy, really busy. My mom and I have been trying to find a place for her husband because he has Dementia and other problems it has been hard. We have not gotten the final diagnosis yet, but we hope to get one soon after June 1. We have looked several places but they think it won't be a good fit for him. so we continue to look. However we are putting off looking anymore until we get that diagnosis. And on top of that, my mom hurt her back and has not been able to do much at all. She has been not been able to get in and out of bed or sleep laying down. This has been going on since before Easter.

Finally it's a gorgeous sunny day in Northern California the past two days, it's been off and on rain, snow and nasty weather. Of course our weather has not been anything as horrid as the floods along the Mississippi River. Those poor people. And the awful earthquake in Japan.

I finally know that my daughter is having a boy, she found out April 8, the day before my birthday. I was a bit disappointed at first because I wanted her to have a girl but  her and Glenn were very excited it's a boy, that is what they wanted. So I am happy for them both. Of course I am no longer disappointed.  However Kirsten has been having a lot of difficulties adjusting to her new life. It's been so stressful this year in so many ways.........

We had a nice family Easter, I hope you did as well. Here is our little family yearly photo, I do one of the whole family each year on Easter. Glenn is missing, and we have two new members of the family, little Brandon and sweet Kayla, standing by where Kirsten sits. She is now over 6 months pregnant. In the center is my sweet granddaughter Morgan in the back my DIL and son Shane and Steve and I. In the front by Kirsten my mom.
Family Easter Photo at My House.
  
Steve and I went to Santa Cruz this past week on Monday it was fun but a cold windy day.
 This is the Santa Cruz Lighthouse

We found a covered bridge not far from Santa Cruz the Felton Covered Bridge.


I have to show you the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, sorry it's a cloudy day but click on the photo to zoom in and see it. I love the Boardwalk it's such a fun place. I love the song Under the Boardwalk by the Beach Boys.....Down by the sea. A favorite and popular destination in Northern CA. 

You can't go to Santa Cruz without having good food, try Emily's Good Things to Eat for yummy food and coffee cakes.  

Soon I will be having another contest, it's going to be a good one! I will post about that next time.

My latest project has been to make two wild orchids to make brooches or a brooch necklace combo. Those are so popular these days. I made two so far, need to attach them to pin and add a nice filagree Pendant Setting and some gold chain.
First One

Second One
  

(This was the post title of the Post I Didn't Post in April)
Kat's Garden - April Showers Bring May Flowers

(Previously written) before April 9, 2011
This Saturday (April 9) is my birthday, not excited at all. The bad news hate birthdays, well mine, but on the good side I love gifts though. My mom bought me a really cute Fossil watch, from the Rose Collection with a Mother of Pearl band band. The watch if a Vintage style and a bit glitzy. I really love it. I get so many compliments on it. It's a bit pricey.

This past weekend my husband and I worked in our garden. I planted lots of flowers and fertizled everything in my yard and garden.

I took a fairly good photo of a hummingbird.
I want to talk about gardens today.

The first garden I want to post about is the garden one should plant if they want to attract birds.

Bird Attracting Garden Plant These Flowers
Aster, Marigold, Coreopsis, Cornflower, Cosmos, Larkspur, Portulaca, Purple Cornflower, Sunflower, Zinnias

For Hummingbirds there is huge list of plants to  to attract hummingbirds, so I will just name a few. 
Plants
Depending on where you can plant these;
Daylily, Larkspur, Foxglove, Fuchsia, Hosta, Hummingbird trumpet, Nasturtium, Snapdragon, Zinnia.
That list is just a few of many.

Some vines to plant are;
Azalea, Butterfly Bush, Bottlebrush, Crimson-Flowering currant, Flame acanthus, Flowering quince, Hardy fuchsia, Hibiscus, Lantana, Lilac, Manzanita, Red buckeye, Shrimp plant, Strawberry, Sultan's turban, Turk's cap, Weigela or cardinal shrub

Then there are trees you can plant also

Trees
Buckeye, Black Locust, Citrus, Flowering crabapple, Hawthorn, Mimosa or silk tree, Red hoarse chestnut, Siberian peat tree, Tulip poplar, 

Here is what I planted in my garden, not many things that are the list really, but hopefully the birds, butterflies and hummingbirds will enjoy them anyway. I also have feeders out, so that will definitely attract them.   

Dianthus, Coleus, French Marigold Dwarf, Viola, Persian Buttercup, Kalanchoe, Marguerite Daisy, Candytuft, Bonanza Marigold. I have already planted some mums, lily and Daffodils, Lantana, Amaryllis, some daisies and a few other things.   

I took this photo with my little flip video recorder. It's such a great little video recorder, but it's hard to keep it steady. However it's great to keep in your pocket it's that small. 

Besides my garden, I did another bird quilled. So far I have two of six birds quilled. First I did the Robin which I talked about in my last post and then didn't visit anyone, sorry about that.
  
Finally I am done...




12 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! So nice to hear from you! I haven't been posting or visiting as often as usual because of all the house stuff. We have been busy now that it's ours getting everything ready. It really wasn't a fixer-upper altho we started out with that plan. This is really close to our house and in a great school district so it will be so great for the boys. It's at the end of a cul de sac so safe street and a nice big backyard.

    Kirsten's hubby has 2 girls, right? So I can imagine he was realy hoping for a boy... I think all men want a son. :) Hope that things continue to go well with her pregnancy! When is she due?

    I love Santa Cruz and have spent a lot of time there. I remember the Merry Go Round on the pier had brass rings that you could toss... I wonder if it still does. I was in high school back then! ;) I love the UC there nestled in the redwoods.

    Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat~
    Thanks for stopping by today. It was so nice to hear from you. I've missed you. :)
    I'm so glad to hear things are OK with Kirsten's pregnancy. How exciting for you all!
    Happy belated birthday too. I hope it was nice.
    I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Santa Cruz is very pretty, and of course your brooches are lovely. You are so talented with your jewelry making.
    I hope your garden will do well attracting the hummingbirds.
    Have a wonderful Sunday, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,
    I was so glad to have a visit from you. I'm glad you are doing well. How exciting that Kirsten is having a boy, and she is doing well too.

    A belated Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was a good day for you.

    Your photos of Santa Cruz are beautiful. We enjoyed Santa Cruz the last time we were there.

    Take care Kat, and have a lovely Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat. So glad to have you as a new friend! Your blog is lovely! The photos are awesome. I hope you have a great Sunday and the rest of the week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, didn't know any other way to reach you, so you don't have to post this comment! I just wanted to let you know that I have a few other really great and unusual jam recipes that I will post (maybe later today or tomorrow). I gotta' have my toast and jam!! I LOVE the banana nut bread jam and caramel apple to name just two. It is a wonder I don't weigh 400 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat!!

    So great to hear from you and to see you posting again. I missed you! Looks like you have been very busy!! i love your new pieces of jewelry and all your photos are just wonderful!
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kat. So good to meet you. I am loving the picture of the covered bridge.

    My hubby has been telling me about the goings on w/ Israel and it is unbelievable. (he watches the news - a lot!!) Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Kat! So nice to hear from you!
    So glad everything is going well with Kirstin pregnancy! Can't believe the baby will be here soon :) you must be all so excited!
    I enjoyed looking at all your pics, Santa Cruz is so charming & your brooches are lovely!
    Have a great week ahead! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, glad you had a great time in Santa Cruz, it's such a pretty area, I love the California coast. I love your blog look, it's so pretty & personal. The music sheet background is so pretty!
    I love your new creations, the wild orchids are so pretty! I hope you're having a great week so far, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat,
    I am ashamed of myself for missing your birthday. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Things are the same for me and at times I am just beside myself.
    I love the pics of the hummingbird and your flowers. And your brooches, necklaces and quilled birds are beautiful. You are one talented lady!
    I am so sorry to hear that your mom is having back problems. I sure do hope you and her can find a place for her hubby. It has to be very stressful.
    How wonderful that Kirsten and hubby are having a boy. I do hope Kirsten is adjusting to her new life. I pray all goes well for her and her new family.
    Your time with Steve at Santa Cruz sound wonderful. You've captured some lovely scenery.
    Well, Kat. Take care, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented Kat.
    The hummingbird photo is just gorgeous!
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat!! I never post, so if you take some time who can blame you..LOL!!
    I am so excited for Kirsten!! I am sorry she is having trouble adjusting to her new life. I will pray for her. When is her baby due?
    I love your pictures and your jewelry as always!!
    Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails