Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quilled Robin Bird and Finch Video

The weather has been just awful rain, rain, rain everyday rain, I am so sick of the rain. As I write this today I am watching my Finches from my craft room window eating from their bird feeder. They are such beautiful birds.


I thought today I would share another love of mine besides beading and sewing and crochet, I also love paper crafts. I made a Quilled Bird using a traced pattern. It was fun. I am going to make six more, but first I am going to add some flowers and branches to this one for a piece of quilled artwork to be framed. But for now I wanted to show off the cute little quilled Robin bird. I just adore birds and love to watch birds. I am backyard bird watcher and feed them all the through the year. I mostly adore finches because they sing so beautifully.  






Here above I posted a video of a Finch in my backyard that I taped last year, I think the Finches sing so pretty. Now to see the bird close up you need to click on the video in my blog and then click it again until it fills your full screen and you will see this beautiful bird close up and it's a beauty.

About Kirsten - Kirsten does not have the plecenta previa as first thought by the Doctor. Her regular Doctor was away and when he returned she seen him and he said no that is not what is wrong with her at all. That's good news. He said sometimes this happens to women during the first trimester and goes away. She is into her second trimester now so hopefully this won't happen again. My family all thinks the baby will be a boy, but I say girl, she will find out April 8th the day before my birthday. So that's coming up really quick. I finally doubted myself today if it was a girl or boy, but I still say girl.

Things are moving along quite slowly with my moms situation with her husband, which is not my dad, my dad passed away several years ago and he and my mom divorced when I was 15 years old. He ran off with another woman, that always hurt me because I never got to see him much after that and only spent one holiday with him that was a Easter, but at least my whole family was there that day including my brothers, it had been over 25 years we were all in the same place at the same time, the next time we would all be together again would be in 2003 at my brother Kirk's wedding to a Vietnamese woman. Back to my dad, everybody has pain in their past that hurts really really bad.... right? and this is one of those things for sure, but something good came out of it..... just as sometimes things do, and at the time I was going to an Assembly of God church because I always loved going to church and was singing in the youth choir. After my dad left, my mom and brothers came to church with me and they were all saved. So praise the Lord for Gods Mercy and Grace he has shown upon my family. Eventually my dad was saved to and he is now in heaven!   



Just like the clouds in this photo I took the other day near our home, I have learned in life that clouds come and clouds go and one day this cloud that causes much pain in my life will certainly go.     


Have a nice Sunday!
~kat


11 comments:

  1. Hope things look up for you soon Kat!

    Great video thanks for sharing!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful job you did on the bird, Kat! I'm sure that must take some time!
    I love to watch the birds too. I like watching them walk around the yard searching for little bits of things to make their nests.
    So glad to hear Kirsten is doing better!
    Will be praying for your cloud to roll away, my friend! :)
    Have a good week. hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on the bird and the video is so sweet. Love how you made it look.
    I am happy to hear Kristen is ok. That must have been a big worry.
    I hope that you will soon have everything squared away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    Love your work on the bird! Thank you for sharing the video. I love birds too and feed them all year round. The squirrels also come and take the birds food!! I love Robins-they are so pretty but you do not see many of them. I like to watch one who comes on occasions and sits in the tree outside my kitchen window.
    Glad Kirsten is doing good now!! Keeping her in prayer.
    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    That was a beautiful post. Yes, I think it's safe to say that most of us have had some painful times. Important thing is to try and keep focused on positive aspects. It's how we react to negative things that can make or break our future. Love the finch video. One of my favorite birds. They're song(s) are very pretty and summery. I love chicadees, too, they always seem so cheeky and cheerful lol. The Robin you created is fantastic, Kat. Have a wonderful weekend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Kat! I hope you have a fantastic day! I'm so glad Kirsten is having a boy, your bird video is cute, I love to have berries growing in the backyard so the birds come & eat them. Have a great weekend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat,
    popping in to see how you're doing. I love the Easter background in here, it's so pretty. I'm Following you now on Twitter, I didn't notice your link til now. Wishing you a wonderful day. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,
    Dropping by to see how you are. I hope all is well.
    My daughter got married 10th April so it has been a hectic time and I am now getting back to visits and blogging again.
    Have a great day!
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao Kat, what a beautiful work on the bird, congrats! Hoping you & yours have a happy and peaceful time this Easter, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao Kat, just dropping by to see if you posted. Hope Kirsten is well and happy! Enjoy spring! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kat,

    You have been on my mind. I hope all is well with you and your family. Kirsten is still in my prayers.

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails