Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paper Roses


Remember that song that Marie Osmond sang called paper roses?...I grew up listening to the Osmond's and it was my favorite show on TV in the early 70's every Friday night. When I was a younger child I would watch Laugh In with my dad, my mom didn't much care for that  show because she through Goldie Hawn was practically naked in her bikini. Mom was right, but still I loved watching that show with my dad and enjoy laughing at their silliness.  

Lately I have been so fascinated with flowers it really started with my photography, with my photographing flowers from my garden, then last year I wanted to make flower earrings, this year I want to make flowers with paper.  It seems I am always moving into a new phase in my crafting. I guess that is just how life is you go from one phase to another. 

Today I am going to post a tutorial online from Martha Stewards sight, but the young woman who was on her show and makes these roses with coffee filters has her own website called mommymakesroses.com

She is a young mom of three and her roses are just gorgeous, I am going to try some of these for the Easter table. I seen them being made and it looks doable. 


Well now a days my favorite show comes on Friday's but it's called "Who Do You Think You Are" 
It's a very fascinating show and even sometimes quite touching...well most times. I love Genealogy so for me this is the greatest show, to see people connect and find out where they came from and what their ancestors went through is just fascinating. It makes me realize how easy we have it today, thanks to their hard work and perseverance. It makes you want to hold on even harder to our American culture and traditions.  

Well Kirsten is doing fine, she had to go the emergency room just before her wedding day because she was spotting, but all was well they sent her for bed rest for one week, she got married then after about 2 days she got a horrid flu, from both ends, back to the Dr. she went to see if the baby was okay because she had terrible stomach pains, they took a sonogram and the baby was waving at her she said. LOL! I said ya, the baby is saying hey, you're not taking very good care of me in here!!, well of course she cannot help any of the things that have happened but she is having a hard time. I just pray that the baby makes it and if he/she does, they will be a real trooper. So far Kirsten has been to the emergency room twice for spotting and then came the flu. She had a tiny bit of morning sickness for one week. Glenn had to leave and is back on the road, I don't know when he will be back. In the meantime Kirsten is working and caring for two kids and pregnant with her own living at Glenn's cousins house. She is looking for a place to live so when the baby comes they will be all set with a place of their own. She says she is having a hard time finding a place to live and wants to live in the same area as my mom because of where the kids go to school. Apparently it's hard to find a place to rent over there right now. I am going to try to help her, but I also have this situation with my mom and her husband who needs to go into a home. Getting people into a home when they need to go and won't is not easy. 

Go check out my Jewelry blog, I have made some pretty cute things lately.  

Have a beautiful blessed Sunday!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the tutorials! Sorry to hear your daughter is having a rough time. I will keep her in my prayers! Sounds like you have a lot going on... putting your parents in a home is never an easy choice to make. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paper roses are amazing! They look so real! I don't remember that song, but I did have Donny and Marie barbie dolls I played with when I was little. I still have them and their purple 70s outfits! :)
    So sorry to hear about the family problems. I hope all will be OK with Kirsten and the baby.
    They'll be in my prayers.
    Take care.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,
    I pray Kirsten and the baby continue to do well. It is so worrisome. I know I worried about Carrie and the baby when she was carrying.
    I love the Kirsten's wedding pictures. Her dress and shawl are lovely. Congratulations to them both. I hope they find an apartment at the location they want to live.
    Those paper roses are beautiful. I went to the site and looked at the template. I don't think I have the patience right now to make them. LOL. I have been crocheting and trying to keep my mind busy and stop thinking about other things.
    I hope the situation with your mom an her hubby gets rectified soon.
    Take care, Kat and have a lovely day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    Hope all well with you. I am so sorry to hear of Kirsten and her illness. I am praying she continues to make good progress.
    You sound as if you have a lot going on right now and I pray all of this will settle real soon.
    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    Thanks for sharing those links. Flowers are a great inspiration :o). I enjoyed watching Marie Osmond, I used to love that show, too. Hope Kirsten is doing ok. Have a wonderful week! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by today. So sorry to hear Kirsten had that horrible flu too! I am so glad she didn't lose her baby.
    I hope you have a great week, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails