Monday, March 21, 2011

The One True Thing

Lately I have had many struggles, I know that God is teaching me patience and as I go through my struggles it seems the world is falling apart at the seams, but along the way I know that God is with me and is the one true thing that gets me through each day.
And as I go through each day I know that my struggles are so small compared to so many in the world that are currently suffering so much. I pray for them.

Kirsten is struggling with her pregnancy and her new life. I worry about her and it's been hard to help her through these choices she has made for herself, I try but I know only God is able to do this, I am merely here as her mother and hopefully a comfort to her when I can be. I love her so much and pray that God will give her strength to meet her new life challenges and to carry her baby to term. Kirsten has plecenta previa, I guess it's common but I have never heard of it.

My mom has many difficulties with her aging husband and his health problems as he continues to go down hill it seem quite quickly these days. My mom and I found someone to help us with all the ropes one must go through to get someone in a home. I pray all goes well with this so my mom can have some peace in her life, she so deserves it, she is 78 years old. I pray I can be a shoulder to lean on and be there for her when she needs me the most.

I have courage because I have faith in God

I may have thought that courage is needed only in a crisis or when great physical strength and emotional fortitude is needed.
Yet at times I feel as if I need courage to do simple things. For instance, I may hesitate to speak up in my workplace or in my home even though I believe I have a good idea or plan. So I pray to have the courage of my convictions and to share them in a clear and loving way.
If a challenge seems to be looming over me, I know to affirm that God is my help in every need. I will never have to though anything without the guidance of my beloved Creator. I have courage that is based on my faith in God to bring me though any challenge.

Daily Word

"Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your hearts take courage; wait for the Lord!". Psalm 27:14

To help keep me calm during these times I love to bead and create interesting intricate designs so I made this twisted wire branch pearl necklace.





Happy Spring!

8 comments:

  1. When all around me is falling apart, the only thing I know to do is pray - it keeps me sane. Trusting in the Lord to protect - I can't ask for anything more.

    Thankyou so much for dropping by.

    That necklace is so beautiful.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its never easy living this life. Trials come one after another.
    When I was taking care of my mother before she passed (she was completely bedridden and in diapers at the time), I recall wondering one day why.
    You see, my mother was not my biggest fan in life and was a bit abusive to me most of my life.
    All of a sudden I had the thought that God takes care of millions who don't like him every day. I felt pretty good after that, though it was still hard.
    You will make it through these trials because you have your eyes focused on the right things.
    Keep your chin up and keep going. :)
    The necklace shows your creative ability and your eye for beauty. Its really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! Sorry about all that's going on. I hope Kirsten's problem with her pregnancy can be managed and she can have a healthy baby. Do we know yet if it's a boy or girl? Sorry about your mom's husband. Jeff is going thru that with his mother right now and he attended a meeting for caretakers and they said 60% of Alzheimer's caretakers die before the patient... just shows how stressful it can be on the caretaker so I hope your mom can get help before it adversely affects her own health! Glad you have your crafts to help take your mind off things. Take care of you, too! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, sorry things have been hard lately, I hope Kristen's pregnancy problems get better. When is she due? It's so hard for your mom's husband, I hope he gets stable & he stops getting down hill.
    Your necklace is so pretty, art & craft is wonderful as you can get into it & not think about anything but what you're doing. Glad you have this. You're in my thoughts, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Kat, happy Spring! :)
    So sorry to hear things are so hard lately.
    Hope Kristen is well. One of my friends had placenta previa too. She had a cesarean section and a beautiful and healthy baby girl :)
    You and Kristen are in my thoughts.
    Your necklace is so beautiful! Take care, a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Kristen's health issue. I will be praying for her, that she will have a beautiful, healthy baby. It is hard as our parents grow older. I pray that your mother will get the help she needs to care for her husband. I'm sure she appreciates the help you give her. Take care my friend, and keep your eyes on the Lord. God bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat, I am so glad you stopped by my blog, followed my blog! You will be in my thoughts and I will keep you in my prayers. I tried to become a follower of yours ... hope I succeeded! I can't always do what I want to on this pc!! Take care, friend. (maybe you would like my graphics blog as it is mostly vintage pics, etc. The button is on the 'Angels' blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails