Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I made white cupcakes today for Steve with pineapple and then decorated them with hearts and sprinkles. I made him for dinner some lasagna too, he had to work so we didn't do anything special. We don't give gifts for Valentine's day. But he gives me cards and I usually bake him something sweet.


I made these cupcakes with those new silicone heart bakers by Wilton I have the individual ones, I would have preferred the silicone pan style. these barley look like hearts do you think? Wilton, I mean my cupcake?? 

Here is what they look like.

I'm so sorry I didn't get to visit anyone this last week, I guess a break would be good for me right about now. I am going to try to get around this week though.

I have all my Wedding Jewelry done and uploaded to the Internet and all my orders out and I am feeling finally caught up.

Kirsten's dress won't fit her anymore, but her wedding date is finally set to February 26, so I picked out another dress for her and sent her this time to Macy's near her house to try it on and it fits. She is not happy with the pregnancy pooch. I have an answer for that......in any event it is what it is so told her to be happy, she has wanted a baby for a very long time. I got her a shawl to wrap around her because it's going to be cold in Lake Tahoe. This dress was a lot cheaper then the other one, but the other one was so cute, I do like this one also though.
Here is the link to the dress. If you missed last weeks post you can see Kirsten in the other dress, the one she grew out of because of her pregnancy. Here is the cute Shawl.
Check out my last weeks post, because I also talk about my Itso containers they are awesome, next month I am going to get some more of them.

Today I put on my Etsy Shop $5.00 earrings for a Valentine's day special. I don't get many sales from there they all come over to my online store and purchase there instead, that's okay because it's like cheap advertisement for me. If you want to check out the earrings go here.

Here is the wedding set I made for my friends daughter who is getting married in March, I named it after her, Natalie. It's called Natalie's Simple Elegance. Her mom just got it today and she is going to give it to her daughter as a gift to wear with her dress. That is so sweet. Deanne the mother used to be my neighbor when I was married to my first husband when we lived near Mather Air Force base. They took off and moved to Idaho and I never seen them again but we've kept in touch all these years. At the time I was pregnant with Kirsten and I had my son, Deanne had no children yet and now she has four daughter's, we are both the same age.        


I made a simple album containing all the wedding and prom jewelry I made for people to easily browse though and linked it to my Krystal Kat's .
Here is the link to browse through the jewelry.

Well I guess I have run out of things to say, except I am so looking forward to spring because we are going to Carmel/Montery to stay in our friends condo, we go often and they are always so gracious to allow us to stay there in their gorgeous duplex that looks over the ocean up on a hill. Steve barters with them, working on their vehicles and some are old trucks and Fred, the owner will  not let anyone touch his old truck except Steve.

Which reminds me my sweetie installed a dimmer switch in our bathroom this weekend, we have a huge bathroom and sometimes all those lights are so bright! he is my superman that is what I call him.

I was just thinking of all the news and thinking upon Israel God's Chosen people. I pray very much for their safety and that the US supports them. Peace to Israel.
I thought of this chapter, Matthew 6. Another thing I think upon very much is abortion, I pray that we will stop killing our unborn children in the US, it's just despicable. Sorry to end on a sad note, but these are things that are really bringing America down along with many other sins of our nation and including turning our backs on God's commandments. ~Kat

11 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. What beautiful cupcakes, I love all the new shapes that are available in the silicone. However I am a strict diet at the moment . . . no cake so I avoid making any cupcakes so I don't eat any!!

    Abortion is so sad and like the USA, Australia has high abortion numbers however determining the true number is very difficult as it is simply not published. I do know though that around 75,000 abortions are carried out in public hospitals per year - unknown numbers in private hospitals - 75,000 babies lost forever.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat~
    Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. Those cupcakes look so good! :)
    Yes, your last paragraph is so true. Abortion is such a sad and revolting thing...and no wonder the schools are in the shape they are. God was taken out of them long ago.
    Lots of things to pray about.
    Hope the rest of your week goes well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! Thank you for the sweet comments about Kalli. She loves to dress nice and is way more mature than most girls her age and even older girls. Always has been.

    Kirsten is going to be beautiful on her special day. I wish her and her soon to be husband the best!

    I agree with you 100% on abortion. I don't agree with the death penalty here in Texas either. It's not our place to take a life, only Gods.

    Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day...your cupcakes look delicious.
    ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goodies look yummy and I love that necklace4 you made, very sweet! I give most of what I make away that way, I don't eat it all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kat,

    Thank you for stopping by! You and your daughter have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    Your cupcake is cute! I had to work late so I did not get a chance to bake anything special. But I did at lease make a special dinner for my son Taz.

    Your wedding jewelry is very pretty! Don't forget to let me know if you make anything with dragonflies!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, the cupcake looks so pretty & delicious, what a great idea! How nice to go to Carmel/Monterey in spring, it's a wonderful area I love. I like bright bathrooms but mine has so many windows it's always bright even without the lights switched on. Joel's has a skylight which I love. Have a great day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! The wedding is soon... I like the new one-shoulder dress. Very cute! It should be pretty in Tahoe with lots of snow-capped mountains. Jessica was married in April there- almost 4 years ago now. Enjoy the rest of the week! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat, your cupcake looks deelish! The wedding dress is very pretty ...

    I made home made from scratch cinnamon rolls for my hubby.

    How old is your Mother Kat ... lovely pics of you & she.

    We used to live in Monterey/Carmel ... very pretty spot ... love that region.

    The necklace is very sweet.

    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'morn, Kat ~ Well, Mother would be a much older 'sister' in those terms.

    I loved the Monterey Peninsula, but we did not like any of our other times of living in other CA areas. & even more so after our wee son was killed out there ... so it is not a state that we visit.

    Holland is just fabulous, love the people, been there 3 times & would go back in the snap of a finger. My paternal ancestors came from there in 1660.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cupcake looks so yummy! Love your necklace too, you are so talented!

    Hope you are having a great day!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat,
    The cupcakes you made are so cute, and look delicious! I hope you have a lovely Valentine's day. We had a very nice one!

    Kirsten's dress and shawl are very pretty. I'm sure she will look lovely!

    Your jewelry is so pretty too.

    Take care...I hope you have a good weekend, and stay dry with all of this rain! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails