Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Busy Beader

Hello, I never got to blog last week. I can't remember what I did that took me all week to do, but I know I cleaned the house, did laundry and visited with my daughter and my mom twice.

Later in the week I organized all my beads, so I can find things, I was not able to find things and then I found these great little organizers called Itso you can find them at Target.

Last year I did a make over to my craft room and bought this big cabinet to put my craft things in so they are out of the way. I love it and everything stays nice and neat, just the way I like it.
My craft room cabinet
This is the Itso in the fuchsia and pink and the tall plastic containers. 

This side Itso needs two more containers for the top, but they are so great! I love them. I had no idea I could find something that would work for me! I have this cabinet fixed up different now, because I got the two new sliders to fit in the top of the Itso. 

This weekend I was busy making wedding jewelry for a friends daughter, and last week I made a necklace and earrings for Kirsten. When Kirsten was married to her first husband I made Jewelry for the whole wedding party. I remembered how I loved designing wedding jewelry and I am very traditional when it comes to wedding jewelry, so I made several pieces and named each piece after girls I know, or girls names I love or people whom I have made wedding jewelry for. Here is a link to the jewelry at my Etsy shop. I will eventually get it over to my website and make a webpage for it. Some of it is prom style also. I have a few more ideas.
Here is a little artistic collage I made of the Jewelry which does not do it justice at all.

I never really thought of my making jewelry as a talent or all that artistic, but I make jewelry for my hair stylist for her no charge I just bring her things and I get so many compliments, many have told me that God has blessed me with this talent. I had to stop and think why I never thought of it as a God given talent? But my customers admire my talent and the quality and workmanship. So those are wonderful compliments. So thank you God for this talent!
I have been beading since I was 14 years old, my dad used to take me up to the bead shop and so did my mom and I would spend all my allowance and baby-sitting money there.
Later when I was pregnant with Shane I borrowed a sewing machine and taught myself to sew, I made Shane a Bicentennial baby quilt and other baby things. I graduated from high school in the Bicentennial year of 1976.
When my first husband and I moved to Lincoln and bought a house a few years after I graduated high school, I would shop for fabric through the Sears catalog because there were not any stores in our area at all. I would make Kirsten little cute dresses and both the kids PJ's. Then I learned to crochet and later cross-stitch. Now I do everything that is a craft, there are a few things I don't like but mostly I love them all.

Here is a photo of Kirsten in her dress, she is not wearing make-up and her hair is wet. I am not sure her dress will fit by the time the wedding comes, she is suppose to get married on the 26th of this month but we don't know for sure with Glenn's training schedule. She is getting a pregnant belly. The top bust of her dress needs to be taken in, but we can't yet until we know for sure when she is getting married probably in Lake Tahoe because it's close and fast and easy.

Yes that's my Indian Pink bedroom. LOL!


Here is Kirsten's first wedding photo (2006) with her hair all done up and her pretty dress.
Here is Morgan in 2006 with Kirsten my how she has changed! see the Jewelry Kirsten has on, also Morgan but you cannot see it on her.  

Kirsten will be so disappointed if the dress does not fit when Glenn gets home and then it's gong to be a mad dash to the store to find something that fits. I am thinking David's Bridal Maternity dress. Something around $170.00 which is what I paid for this dress. I would just assume buy things for the baby with the money but I know she wants a special day, so she shall have it.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Love your cabinet! I too could use one of those for all my cross stitching stuff!Great way to keep all the supplies together in one place.
    Love all the photos today and the jewellery is so pretty.
    Hope Kirsten is doing good.The jewellery she is wearing is lovely!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat~
    What a great cabinet! I would love one of those! You have things so organized in there...way to go! :)
    Your jewelry is so pretty too. Everything goes so well together.
    I'm sure Kirsten is looking forward to her big day. :)
    Take care.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great!

    Have a great weekend!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day, Kat :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails