Monday, January 17, 2011

Making Vintage Art & Valentine Jewelry

I started making some Vintage Art and Valentine Jewelry today using Mod Podge all in one sealer and glue. I am also going to use a product called Ice Resin, I've never tried this, so I am excited to see how it will turn out. I have my heater turned up really high at the moment to get the Ice Resin at room temperature before I begin as stated in the directions.

So here is a photo of some of the jewelry I am about to put Ice Resin on, the small square pieces are all finished and I just need to make them into beaded bracelets. The small framed art pieces can also be used to put your own personal photos in. The hearts and oval pieces I will use for necklaces and those will get the ice resin put on.

I photographed the above photo before I added the art to one of the small frames to show you what the frame looks like before you add the art or a photograph.

Below is the framed pieces, they are already to make into bracelets. I will add some beads and stretch beading wire for easy on and off cute vintage art jewelry.
 I decorated the pieces with cute vintage birds and flowers shown in the above photo.

Above are the pieces I am going to use the Ice Resin on. I will do it after the house is nice and toasty warm, because it's really cold out today and I want to makes sure the resin sets correctly without bubbles, so I am currently warming up the house to a hotter temperature then what I normally keep it at.
Here is a piece of art before placing it into the jewelry frames.  You can use any art you want from old magazines, used calenders, old cards, printables or even your own art.


Okay well I am off to try out the resin, I will come back in a few days and show you what I made with all this, the resin pieces will take days to dry, the others I should have ready later this week.

Have a great week.......and if you would like to check out my jewelry website where I will place the finished pieces for sale when I am done go to www.krystalkats.com, here is one I finished late this evening after posting this to my blog.
http://krystalkats.com/jewels/index.php?item=530


Kat's Signature Tag

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Kat~
    Your jewelry is beautiful! It's perfect for Valentine's Day...I really like the vintage look of it.
    Hope you have a wonderful week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I think that is gorgeous! Such vivid, beautiful pictures...that is going to be such pretty pieces! (And you are right, I do love being in my kitchen!) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! You did a wonderful job! Have a great night!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, you sure are busy creating little treasures. I hope it works well. How fun to be able to make jewelry out of anything you like. Have a great week, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! You always keep busy with new and interesting craft projects. Hope it's a big success. Doing a few visits while Ryan and Jacob are sleeping... the puppy is sleeping too! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Kat, the jewelery is gorgeous! I love how old fashioned it looks. Cant wait to see it all done.
    (hope you know I was kidding with the "fannie" part.lol)
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! These are perfect for Valentine's. So pretty! Wish I was creative. Have a wonderful evening! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails