Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Busy Weekend

We had a really busy weekend.......we went to Chico California to see another covered bridge and then on Saturday we went to Old Sacramento with friends for the Suspects Mystery Dinner, that was really good. 
It was nice and sunny outside so it was a great weekend to be busy in Northern California. The mornings were chilly, but the days were around 60 degrees, the mountain tops glistened with snow. It was truly beautiful winter days. 

Tomorrow I go with Kirsten to her first prenatal appointment. Her Fiancee Glenn is still away and she does not know when he will be back home, he is in training for a truck driving position he took when he was not able to find work. It has taken him away from his kids and Kirsten. He was able to come home for a few days at Christmas and one day on the 18th that's it since Thanksgiving. Perhaps he might be on his own very soon and no longer driving with a trainer.   

Thursday I have my ear, nose and throat appointment in Sacramento I am not good finding my way around down there I hope I can find it.   

Steve got his W2 yesterday, I was surprised how much less he made last year then the year before and the year before that. Our house is not even worth what we paid for it. Gas prices are going up and food prices are rising as well and inflation is really going to set in this year. I think we are in for a very difficult year. All the money that we owe in the US cannot even be paid back if they taxed every single citizen 100% of their income. Those are shocking statistics. It makes you want to really get on your knees and pray to God to heal our land. 

2  Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 
That's a pretty profound verse from the Holy Bible. 

My son and DIL asked me to pick Morgan up from school for three weeks, every week they canceled and today they forgot to tell me not to pick her up from school, so I showed up to pick her up, which takes me over 10 minutes to get there and waited for over half hour and then I finally realized she is not coming and has probably been picked up.  I called and sure enough she has been picked up from school by her mom. I thought she was working? apparently not. I was not happy.

Here are a few photos we took this weekend.


Honey Run Covered Bridge Chico California from katwhite on Vimeo.


Edee is really afraid of cracks in wood, so I took a cute video of her being afraid. Poor thing, she first began being afraid after we went to Moonstone Beach one year and squirrels were poking their heads out of the wood walkway on the beach. Oh goodness I cannot stand to hear my own voice. Especially talking to the dogs.  

This is a photo of the Honey Run Covered Bridge located just outside Chico California. The landscape is much more beautiful in the spring, but it's nice to take winter landscape photos as well. 
Pop the photo big if you want to see it better. 
Here is a photo of one of my pups Edee and me inside the bridge, look at all that real wood! so pretty.
  This photo below is of Steve as you can see we are ever so close to Paradise. Who among me would like to go there?


Here is a few photos from Saturday night at the Delta King in Old Sacramento. 
Behind Steve and I is the Tower Bridge over the Sacramento River.

   
We got a dot on this photo because we forgot to put the rubber eye cap on to keep this from happening. 

Well have a great week! 



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Kat!
    love the video of your dogs,lol. So cute! Hope you have a wonderful week!!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your covered bridge pic ... we love driving throughout this country viewing them.

    I hope your daughter's companion comes home soon. May baby be well ...

    Have a beautiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kat,
    I really like the covered bridge picture. Edee is so cute. She has a very concerned look on her face. There's a covered bridge not far from where I grew up, and I can remember being afraid of the gaps in the boards too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat, great video, what a scary bridge, I'm not sure I'd be as courageous as Edee! It's a childhood fear I have had forever. Anyway, it seems like a fun day in a very pretty area. I love the new look here.
    I hope all goes well in Sacramento, you need a GPS. Do take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    Great pics and video!
    Hope you are doing good.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be scared too of the old bridge! They are not long on the earth I think, some of them are just so old! I think it is true that we all need to be praying, this world is in a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat,
    I enjoyed your lovely photos, and the video. I think the Tower Bridge is so pretty at night. My sister used to want to live in Paradise. I've never been there. I hope your daugther's appointment went well, and the baby is doing well. Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Sounds like fun to go to the mystery dinner theater. I stink at solving mysteries. ;) That's really interesting about Edie's fear of cracks in wood- that experience must've traumatized her. Right now Cooper is terrified of our cat Hunter... who hisses at him and bats his paw at him. My friend Mary has rental property in Paradise. How can you beat that name! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails