Wednesday, December 29, 2010

After Christmas

Steve has been off work since December 19 and just returned to work today so we've been very very busy. I decided to do a small entry with photos to describe what we've been up to. 


On December 18 the kids and family came up to our house and we had Christmas together. I ordered pizza and I loved it, I was able to spend quality time with the family instead of being in the kitchen. After we ate dinner I plugged my ipod in to Steve's new Home Theater System and played music for everyone, then soon we were playing all kinds of music and everyone was dancing. It was a lot of fun and the kids were so excited.  


A photo of me before my hair cut with my hair pinned up taken before Christmas with my sweetie. 


Our Christmas Tree before we opened the gifts.

Here is my granddaughter Morgan with Kirsten's Fiancé's daughter Kayla and their pillow pets. Two Ladybugs.

Here is Brandon, Kirsten's Fiancé's son.

Here is a photo of everyone opening their gifts.

Mom passing out gifts to everyone with Steve and the kids.


Here is a photo of Morgan, me and my mom. this photo was taken on the 18th before my short haircut. 


Here is a very blurry photo of me with my new haircut.  I love it!!! my hair is naturally curly so it looks really cute with this short style. 

the photo is blurry because I am learning how to use my new Christmas present a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera. I am learning more and more each day!   

For Christmas I bought Steve a Home Theater System and he bought me the camera. He was not suppose to buy the camera, but that is what happens when he goes shopping without me, I get spoiled.....

After Christmas we took off to the snow about 30 minutes away.

  testing out the camera not a good shot it's a bit dark.

This one turned out dark too, but I lightened it in my Adobe Photoshop Elements Program.

It was dark under the trees, we went for a walk in the snow and when we made it to the top of the hill we started falling in the snow where the sun was shining on that part of the snow, I was not sure what was under our feet so we had to turn back.  I had to carry Edee the dog on the right, she hates to touch the snow, but Effie our black and red dog loves the snow.

 This photo turned out good, a photo from my garden. 


We went to the movies twice while Steve was off and watched two good movies. "How Do You Know" and "True Grit". We didn't pay for any of the movies we had gift certificates we put to good use. 

So that's our Christmas....how was yours? ours was very very blessed. 



Messiah Prophesied, Isaiah 9: 6
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."




 

12 comments:

  1. Great Christmas pictures!! I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas. We did too.
    Your haircut looks wonderful on you!
    Those pillow pets are so cute!
    Happy New Year!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man are those pillow pets every popular....a panda bear one showed up here at Christmas....nice day you had, cute hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pictures, everyone looks like they are having a good time and it looks like to me that you are getting the hang of it just fine. I do love your hair, it fits you! Have a great New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love your new do, Kat! It compliments your face so nicely. Lovely family pictures, & the pillows are darling.

    I make homemade pizza for our Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve ... so much more fun to enjoy rather than cooking all day.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for sharing your photos. That's great you got a new camera. I'm hoping to ask for one for my birthday in March. I love your new haircut...it looks really cute on you! My oldest daughter has naturally curly hair too...I think it is so pretty.

    I hope you have a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kat,

    It looks and sounds like you and your family had a fabulous Christmas! Cute haircut! It is very flattering on you. Lucky you getting a new camera for Christmas!

    Happy New Year and God Bless!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! Love seeing all of your Christmas photos and your haircut is so cute! We saw True Grit and loved it. I want to see How Do You Know and The Little Fockers but will have to wait til family leaves probably. Happy New Year to you and Steve! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a nice Christmas! We plan to take our dogs up to the snow, too. We have lots in the local mountains. Most of our dofgs have loved the snow but it used to bug Dylan when the snow would accumulate between his foot pads. True Grit is getting great reviews. We really can't do naything right now with the puppy. It's as bad as having a newborn! ;) Your haircut looks cute- it is nice to have curly hair. I used to have girlfriends who would iron their hair. Some people are never happy with what they have! ;) Happy 2011! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids are so cute! Pups are adorable too and it does seem like you had a lovely time.
    SMart to order pizza and relax with guests. I will try that sometime since the cooking gets in the way of a nice time a bit.
    Have a wonderful new year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat,
    I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas!I loved all your photos and your new haircut.
    Your little dogs are soooooooo cute!!
    My daughter bought me a new camera for Christmas so I have to learn to get used to this too.
    Have a blessed New Year!
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year, Kat. We did have a nice Christmas, glad you did too! I love your new hair cut and I really love that photo with you and the dogs, you look beautiful! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures! What a beautiful tree! I think your new haircut looks fabulous on you and I really like the pic of you with your dogs!
    I hope you have a wonderful 2011!
    Many Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails