Sunday, November 7, 2010

Old Sacramento

Good Sunday morning, what a rainy day! yesterday was so pretty the sun was shining and it was a gorgeous California day in November.

I have not been online much, spending time doing other things, sometimes it's good to not blog but get things done and move around a lot. I need to do that and often. I am wiggle worm anyway.

For those wanting the recipes to the Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Pie you can find them at Libby's website. I just used recipes on the backs of the Libby Pumpkin cans. I made the original pumpkin pie recipe and the pumpkin bread recipe, it had walnuts in it. 

It was a fantastic election across the land in the USA last week. Steve and my family were excited about the historic elections last week and the resulsts, it stopped at California. Keep California in your prayers, things are not great here. I guess that depends on who you ask, but for average person like us it's a huge struggle to dodge the taxes they want to impose upon us. We cleaned house locally, so thankful for that.  One proposition that was passed here will give them the power to do just that, tax us anytime they want.  I think people did not understand the proposition.

Friday Steve and I drove to Old Sacramento to go to the California History Museum underground tour of old Sac but they were sold out of the tour tickets and we were the first in the door, they apparently sold out online but it did not say that, nor did it say to purchase your tickets beforehand or call. It was not organized well at all.  In any event we made the best of it and walked around and then had lunch at the Joe's Crab Shack this is my favorite restaurant.


I always love trying on goofy glasses when I go to Old Sacramento so this is my tradition.


Here is what I ate, crab cakes with fries and coleslaw, yummy!


Photos of Old Sacramento the Tower Bridge


Below My Favorite Restaurant Joe's Crab Shack  


 Steve and I in front of the Tower Bridge our photo was taken by a happy Canadian tourist.  


On the Sacramento River



Nope this proposition didn't pass the marijuana initiative in California we didn't need another societal ill. So hopefully this ashtray will be retired. 




Well that's about it for our day in Old Sacramento. Hope you have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. G'day Kat ~ Yes, California is in the 'drink', sadly so. Otherwise, the nation is waking up & correcting its mistake of 2 yrs. ago.

    Love Sacramento ... glad you all had a grand time out & about.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'll probably never make it to California, so it's neat to see what's over there!
    I think it was a great election too!
    Have a wonderful week. :)
    ((hugs))♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the election...looks like a great place to visit too..thanks for your visit. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit to my blog. Nice pictures of your visit and the weather looks like it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday, Kat! Old Sacramento is so charming, Zeno and I have been there for a day in 2005. Great photos, thanks for posting them. I am drooling over your crab cakes ;) hehe!
    Have a lovely week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat,

    thanks for your sweet comment, I've been leaving you some too, I see them in your sidebar, maybe you missed them? I've missed your posts! I'm so glad to see you blogging again. I love the pictures you shared of sacramento, so beautiful. I enjoy seeing other areas of the U.S. and the world. :-)
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! Yay, I'm able to type in here :) Love your photos. Thanks for letting me know about the recipes on the Libby's can!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Looks like a fun time in Old Sacramento. I remember a Firehouse restaurant there that was very popular. Yes, I think I should have a lapdog once in my life. :) I'm behind on pets because my mom was allergic to them so I never had any furry pets when I was young. I'm making up for lost time! :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kat,

    Sorry I have not been by in a while. I have not been blogging much lately because things have been very hectic.

    It looks like you and Steve had a great time in Sacramento. I just love the pic of you in the big glasses! To cute! Congratulations to Kirsten on her engagement. I love that Glenn asked Steve for Kirsten’s hand in marriage!

    Yuck! I hate wallpaper! I have to take down a border in my master bedroom that the former owners put up and it is not cooperating at all. They seem to have had a love affair with wallpaper because they had in almost every room of the house. Layer upon layer… Dealing with it has given me a serious case of extreme dislike for wallpaper! Just thinking about it nearly makes me break out in hives! Your dining room looks great! Amazing how removing the border opened up the room.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat, Old Sacramento looks great & I'm glad you had a fun time there. I enjoyed seeing the photos, California is such a fantastic state. The crab cakes look delicious. I love your photo in front of the tower bridge, you both look great. I hope you are having a great week, thanks so much for your sweet comment, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Your plate of food is making my mouth water. I haven't had crab anything for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails