Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lights

Kia and Jeanna from Happy Snappy has a little thing going on called Guest Blogger Month where you can submit a photo that represents light to you. I thought I would try it because I just bought some new lights for my Christmas Tree. For like 10 years I have had white lights on the tree only, I am bored with white lights and notice that color is back in. Yay!
So here is the photo I submitted although it's not exactly as I had planned, but it reminds me of lights and the holidays of course and my favorite winter mug with the snowman on a handmade mitten coaster, which you can't see all that well.

We are almost ready for Christmas, I only have a few gifts to get. I do not like to shop after Thanksgiving. I have three kids to buy for this year with Kirsten's Fiancée Glenn's two and my own granddaughter Morgan. I am afraid I am spoiling Kirsten my daughter though this year because I bought her quite a few things and then a pair of darling silver rhinestone shoes and I am also paying for her wedding dress. My husband does not think I should do it because she has been married before and in 2006 she had a big wedding to her first husband. But I just want to see her happy and be beautiful the day of her next wedding because there are so many things I would have loved to have changed in my own life and I am very happy with my second husband Steve and wish her the same happiness that I have had.
I do not like divorce at all and when I got married the first time I thought it would be forever, but I was 17 and that was just not meant to be.
I just felt that this gift of the dress and shoes is a gesture of my desire to see her happy. My husband is usually the one that is the BIG spoiler but this time it's me. LOL! although I do spoil Morgan a lot, but she is my only grandchild so far.

Tomorrow I am going to see my granddaughter Morgan and daughter Kirsten. We are going to meet near the mall. We are going to have a little snack (probably frozen yogurt), and then walk around the mall for awhile. I am going to bring my camera so I can take some photos if I see anything interesting.

Steve and I got a indoor deep fryer for Turkey or other foods, but it holds a turkey up to 14 lbs. We bought two turkey's to cook in the fryer for Thanksgiving. You use peanut oil so it's healthy and the turkey cooks in about 45 minutes or about 1 hour for the size turkey we have. So it's going to be pretty easy to cook two turkeys'.  

I'm looking forward to the holidays because it's been a strange year and I love the holidays.. and enjoy getting the family all together. Although Easter Sunday is my favorite celebration because it marks the day Jesus Christ was resurrected after spending three days in his tomb.

Have a great weekend!



12 comments:

  1. I really like your picture! I have always used colored lights on my tree. We like them best. My mom has one of those trees that are remote controlled. She can make the lights all white, all colored, or both. I think she got it from QVC. It's pretty cool.
    I hope you have lots of fun with your granddaughter tomorrow! I don't like to shop after Thanksgiving either. Some people enjoy all the crowds, but not me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo. It reminds me so of the days when I was little and grandma had the big, colored Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to be quite busy! :-) Love the picture, it turned out great. I love colored lights. Have a great night!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    Thanks for sending me your new blog link. I love that photo of your Christmas lights and mug, it's beautiful. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kat,
    Yes, my husband does pastor an A/G church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat,
    Happy Sunday!
    Love the photo- the Christmas lights and mug are so pretty!
    Hope you had fun with your granddaughter shopping.
    Blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Kat! Thanks again for submitting a photo, Jaana and I are quite excited for the guest blogger months. :)
    I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. don't know why, but this year I am not in a festive mood yet...
    Have a wonderful evening and Monday ahead. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Lovely photo of the Xmas lights. I always use all white lights but my kids always wanted color and flashing. I always won that argument. Many people I know have always used colored lights so I never knew they were "out." Do you remember the awful color wheels back in the 60's? I've seen those on ebaby. Now that's retro! :D Hope Kirsten finds happoness in her new marriage. You are sweet to wantomke it special for her. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol at my typo- ebaby... is that where you go to get babies? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I see even more mistakes. I type too fast for my keyboard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving, Kat! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat!! That is a really pretty picture!! It is funny. When Josh was born, I switched the tree to color lights hoping he would enjoy it more and we still have them. I love color lights, of course white is gorgeous too. I had those for years as well.
    I hope your Thanksgiving was great!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails