Saturday, October 23, 2010

He Went to Jared

I have not posted in quite awhile because I have not really had much to say. Been a bit quiet I guess. We have not been taking road trips, but we've been busy around the house and Steve is working on a car to sell. He is actually finished with it this weekend, but we have to wait to get the pink slip from CA DMV before we can sell it. He put a new engine in it and did some other work. The car is a blue Saturn. He does this about three times a year making a few grand. It's a nice way for him to make some extra money and keeps him busy doing something he likes to do.

Well it's official Kirsten and Glenn are engaged and she has a beautiful ring! Last Sunday Glenn came up to the house to ask Steve for Kirsten's hand in marriage and funny thing.......she didn't know he came! I had to wait until Wednesday when he proposed to her, she said yes and they have planned a June wedding of 2011.
She already knows what dress she wants, so we have an appointment to look at the dress late November. I think we picked out a pair of silver shoes too, but we will see.

We had some excitement this week, it was sad excitement though. A arsonist kid age 23 started a fire at the Galleria Mall Roseville CA on Thursday. The fire spread and the roof at Macy's caved in and water and a mess ruined the mall and no one can go into the mall and shop. It's a huge mall in Placer County CA. Federal agents have been called in to investigate the Galleria Mall.
They said that all the stores will have to salvage off their inventory and it be sold and also the people that work there are without jobs. That's a lot of people. It's devastating to our area.
I had been at the mall just last week on Saturday with Glenn's daughter Kayla and had planned to go there again with Morgan on Thursday, but that didn't happen.  I had taken Kayla shopping and bought her an outfit and jacket just last Saturday and was at the mall on Monday again or was it Tuesday? can't remember now. I had started some Christmas shopping this week and planned on going there again to Christmas shop with Morgan, vowing not to shop online this year. I still won't shop online this year, but I will have to drive to another mall or shop at Khol's or whatever I can find that is closer then driving into Sacramento.

I did get to see Morgan on Thursday though, but we went to the DQ and then to the park and walked around. It was a beautiful park that I used to take Morgan to when she was a young and also my kids.      

Our trip to the pumpkin patch was cancelled due to rain today and tomorrow we can't go ether because it is going to rain then also. Gees....... everything we plan is just not happening. I hope next week will be nice weather, it just went from warm weather to chilly rainy weather, My dogs are not happy. I love chilly weather but I love the sun. I don't like rain or cloudy days. I am so spoiled by the sun we have in California. Were we live the sky is so beautiful this time of year with big fluffy fall clouds and when the sun shines it's so pretty.

Steve took down the border at the top of the wall and the results...... gorgeous!

Above after the wall border was taken down.
Fruit Wall Hanging 

Before, the wall border was up and it was to busy......Steve had to remove it, what a mess it was. Never again will I put up a wall border.

Yummy Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Nut Bread I baked and put on the new table then we devoured it! well not all at once.  

Gourds for fall decoration in the kitchen

I had to add this one last photos of the crystal suncatchers I make. I am starting to take photos of them outside on sunny days. You have to click on it to see it's full beauty. Sure beats the indoor photos. It's so hard to photograph jewelry I have to make a lightbox so I don't get all those ugly shadows. I found some great directions for taking photos indoors using the lightbox. Here is the link in case anyone is interested, it would be good for other things as well as you will see when you click this link. It's so easy to make I must try it.     


Have a great weekend!

Prayers go up and blessings come down.
Yiddish Proverb

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Kat,
    Congratulations to Kirsten and Glenn. I wish them many happy years together. :)
    Your dining room looks very nice. I have done wall border before too, and I don't think I will again either!
    That pumpkin pie looks delicious. I'm looking forward to having some of my Mom's at Thanksgiving.
    The suncatcher is so pretty. It's so beautiful with the light shining through.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I took the picture in my header. I thought it turned out pretty good.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It seems like so many people are really having a rough time right now. I'm so thankful we have a Heavenly Father who cares...He truly does!
    Big hugs to you too!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the visit. I love the crystal sun catcher, very pretty. Your pie and cake look so yummy too. I understand about the wallpaper borders..never again for me too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kat, congrats to Kirsten and Glenn! :)
    Your crystal sun-catcher is so pretty. You do gorgeous things with your hands! :D
    Have a lovely week, hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat! Congratulations to Kirsten! I'm so happy she found someone that really makes her happy. When you have time will you send me your recipes for the pumpkin bread and pie :) pretty please :) Hope you're having a wonderful day! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    Missed your posts and glad you are back.
    Congratulations to Kirsten and Glenn!
    I love your sun catcher-so pretty.
    I LOVE your pumpkin bread-it looks so yummy!! Can I have the recipes too please?
    Enjoy your evening.
    Blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat! Congrats to Kristen- lol at the Jared title. ;) Your dining room looks great and so does your pie and pumpkin bread. Good job on photographing your pretty suncatcher! Hope you have a great week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Kirsten & Glenn! I love your dining room, it looks gorgeous & probably higher. I think borders make rooms look less high. I saw about your mall on Facebook, what a shame!
    The pumpkin pie & bread look delicious. I'm looking forward to have some on Thanksgiving Day.
    The suncatcher is so pretty. I love the way it looks with the sun going through. I had a quartz & it did rainbows when the sun was going through it. They are beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,

    That is wonderful that Steve fixes up cars for resale. I hope this one sells soon for you.
    Your pie and bread pictures are making me so hungry. I love pumpkin...pumpkin anything.

    Wow! I saw the mall fire on the new. It is unbelievable what goes on today.

    Your dining area looks so pretty and inviting. I like it without the border. The border took away from seeing all you lovely accessories and furnishings.

    Again, congratulations to Kirsten. What a sweet thing her fiance did in asking for her hand in marriage. I wish her much love and happiness.

    So sorry I haven't been around. We received some bad news this past Saturday. I posted it on my blog. There is too much going on around here. It is a miracle that Tom and I haven't had a breakdown by now.

    Big hugs to you,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat,
    Dropping by again to say hello and I hope you are well. Miss you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your daughter on her engagement! So exciting, so much to plan! The pumkin pie and bread look so wonderful!! I can just smell it :-) I've missed you lately and have been hoping you are well. Have a great afternoon!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails