Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Woke Up

What a frustrating few days for me. I woke up yesterday morning to an inbox full of email. It was my sons birthday and I was expecting to write him an email at work to wish him a Happy Birthday and then call him later, but what I found instead was a lot of email from people that got a crazy email from me (supposedly). I am not going to post the email in here because I don't want this to happen to me again, but I did google it and found that is happening to people on Facebook. I don't play any of the games so not sure how this happened to me. But you know those links that let you post things to Facebook, well I do those, but I am not doing them anymore. It's the only thing I do, but it only takes one time and then they got you. It's a scam. The person who hacked me had an IP address from New York.     

In any event is what happened is someone hacked into my Facebook account then took over my gmail email address. I tried to regain control of my Facebook account and I did for about 4 minutes then after I posted I had been hacked or something like that, they kicked me out of my own Facebook site and I was not able to get back in. I contacted Facebook and finally my account was suspended for a few hours until I could proof I was who I said I was. So that is resolved, that was frustrating in itself, but what's really frustrating is having someone in control of your email address and 5 times contacting Gmail and them saying they cannot let me have access to my account because they cannot be sure I am who I say I am. Okay fine and well, how do they plan on finding out I am who I say I am? by me giving them the correct date I joined up with GmailAre you kidding me? on top of being hacked & violated, I am violated again, because I don't know the exact day I opened that gmail account. There is only a form to fill out and no place to write a message or what happened to you. It's a question and answer form. Each time I get a reply from them it's another form to fill out because obviously I am not answering my own personal questions correctly such as when I opened the account. Gees the criminals probably know more about you, then you do. Since I used the email for signing up at websites online and for making purchases online I called my credit card company to issue me a new card. I never log in at that email address either because I have it filtered to my service provider email address that I get my Internet connection through. If they had any brains at all, they would see the email address I am telling them to contact me at, is the same address I use as the filter. That in itself proofs it is me, I am sure they have a way to check this. But it's a free address so there is no help for you, in fact I think they want you to give up if you cannot guess all their questions correctly.  So I would suggest you dump your gmail account and use a real one or be sure to delete all your emails in your inbox very often and even the deleted messages.  I will never have a gmail account again, my whole life is in there.  

So on top of this frustration for me, Steve and I have been bombarded with frustrating situations one right after the other for the entire year. It starts to get to you, but I refuse to be a defeatist and I am pulling myself up by my boot straps and moving forward with God. Steve is so frustrated by work situations that are out of his control and I just had to have a good talking to him today about how it's out of his control......... but not God's. This is good advice for me as well. Notice the title of my post is "I woke up". I learned a lot this year and yesterday as well as today. But also yesterday after I woke up I wished I hadn't, I said to myself "why did I get up today?" I got up yesterday because God allowed me one more day, good or bad it's a blessing to wake up each day and be healthy enough to muddle through it. Things could certainly be worse.   

Okay well onto something I love to talk about and that is my crafts. I made this adorable Vintage Look Crocheted Beaded Necklace with Wine Red Dahlia Flower, I have to admit this was so fun and I really love it a lot. http://krystalkats.com/jewels/index.php?item=484
      

I have been working on Christmas gifts and made my daughter Kirsten a purse. My mom hates this fabric it's by Alexander Henry, I am not a fan of the sugar skulls either, but it's what she likes so I made it for her. 
Hopefully my kids don't wonder over here this week and see it. 
It has lots of pockets inside and I used a Lucite rose flower in pearl green for the closure instead of a button as a cute decoration. 
So that is one Christmas gift down. I know I am going to make things for gifts this year and give some gift certificates as well, but it's going to be a light on gifts Christmas, because we have three extra this year to buy for. But not only that my husband has lost a lot of income this year and the in 2009. I feel blessed to be able to have bought the big table and work on the kitchen this year and paint our trim on the house. That is more then we planned to do. House prices are at there all time low here.  


Well I do pray all is well your way. I am sorry if you got that strange email. I didn't send it really!

Hugs  Kat 
   




Kat's Signature Tag

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. This is a scary thing that happened to you, hope you can get it resolved. Cute crafts too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    What a dreadful and frustrating day for you not to forget scary too!! To think someone has the ability to do this and steal your identity and details. Glad all sorted out now.
    I love your crafts-your items are amazing!Hope you have a great day!
    Blessings and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the e-mail thing!
    I'm not fond of the skulls either, but if that's what she likes...
    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kat, so sorry to hear that about your email, how scary. Hope all is resolved soon! Your necklace is gorgeous! Great job. I'll be praying for you and your husband, I know exaclty what you are going through work wise.
    Have a great weekend. Keep your chin up
    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! I don't know what the deal is but I'm having a hard time commenting here at your blog?! I had to leave, come back and refresh and here I am now =) Sorry you had to deal with hackers! They really need to get a life! I love that necklace. Have a great weekend! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you for commenting on and following my blog!

    I'm really sorry someone got into your e-mail account! Some people!!

    Anyway, thanks, for my comment! :)
    Katie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! Glad you got the email thing resolved! Sounds like you did a good job of getting it all straightened out! Just had a scam roommate thing happen to him thru Craig's List. He got suspicious and googled it and found the exact same scenario as what was happening to him.

    Thanks for your prayers for Kali. she's having her best day today in a while so I'm feeling happier and less stressed. Happy October! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,
    My email account was hacked into a few weeks ago sending spam to friends in my address book. I just had to change my password and then everthing was OK. I made up a dummuy email account on FB so no one could access my email from there. Happy to hear you got it all taken care of. Have a great week ahead.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat...I am 'so' glad that you got everything straightened out. I really dislike FB - too many things can happen. I guess not only do I not like it, I don't trust it. What a frustrating time for you! I so enjoyed reading about how you trust God in this & in your days! Wonderful testimony!

    What a pretty necklace! You do such incredible work Kat. Nice purse too. She will be so happy!

    Have a blessed week. Sending big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat,
    So sorry to hear about what happened with your email, and Facebook, but glad you are getting things straightened out!

    The necklace you made is very pretty!

    I hope you have a good week ahead! Hugs to you... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails