Thursday, September 16, 2010

Friends, Recipe's, & Pumpkin Shortage




Next week is gonna be the first day of fall....but I will have one more post before summer ends this Sunday when I announce the winner to the Earring Contest.

I have been so busy every day this week! on Monday I went to Folsom, California to meet my friend Annette from Jr High School. Folsom California is famous for where Johnny Cash was in prison. It's a really cute Historic Town, but also it has a lot of new areas and is one of the most beautiful drives from my house to there with all the hills and horses and Million Dollar homes along the way. So we had a great visit and we plan to get together every other month. I miss her so much, just seeing her again after a decade made me realize how sad it is we get so busy in life we forget to enjoy some of our favorite friends. She works for Intel so she is super busy and she has a very good job there. It sounded stressful to me. She has worked her way up from the bottom. Good for her.

I have been so busy making jewelry this week, it's been a great week for me. I have to show you my photo with Annette. She is the mama of 4 kids and two are twins. They are all grown up now like mine.


We were both so happy to see each other. I was so excited and so was she. It really made my week!

Wow it's so hard to get Pumpkin you cannot get it in the city I live in at all, well you can't get a lot of things here, crafts and many other things. So today I had a Doctor's appt so I left early to get some dog food from Ben's Bark and Bistro, Joann's Craft for more yarn to finish my cloche and then went to the Nugget, they had only 4 small organic pumpkin at 2 for $5.00 I bought them all. Then I decided to go to another store on my way, where my daughter shops called Winco and they had about 20 of the large cans of Libby's Pumpkin, so I bought 8 large cans. So now I have eight Large cans of pumpkin, plus four small ones. Finally after a month without pumpkin I have pumpkin in my pantry. I use it for the dogs and make pumpkin bread with walnuts and pumpkin pie of course. I get so frustrated when I cannot find it, there has been a shortage of it the past few years. 

          
Okay here is my stash before I put it away in the pantry.

Do you have your pumpkin yet? I see Ebay is selling it at outrages prices. What I want to know is if one store can get their hands on it, why can't Raley's or Safeway? it's crazy.

Here is a jello salad I made called Sea Foam Salad

         It's really weird but taste so good. I got this recipe when my kids were knee high to a grasshopper from a very old lady at our old church. I had went to her home for a BBQ when my kids were young and she made this and it was so delicious. I asked her for the recipe. I was shocked when I read the ingredients, but it all works. Instead of typing it out I am just putting the aged brown recipe on here that she wrote for me back in the 80's. You can click on it and write it down or print it out. I put mine in a old tupperware jello mold also from the 80's or early 90's. I'm really aging myself in this post.

I was not old enough to drink until 1980, so that gives you a clue to my age now. There will be a test on this later. LOL!  

  
Tomorrow I am going to see my mom and then Saturday we go to watch Shane graduate, he will continue for his bachelor's degree in computer science, unless he has changed his mind again.

Steve bought another car to fix up and sell so he thinks he can make 3 grand on this car after he rips out the engine and redoes it.  I must say he is pretty handy to have around. Wink!

Have a great weekend and if you participated in the contest I will see you back here on Sunday!










3 comments:

  1. Hi Kat!
    Looks like you had a really nice time with your friend. :-) So happy for you! Awesome that you found pumpkin to stock up on!!
    Just wanted to let you know when you get some time stop by my latest blog post. I just won my first blog award and I get to share it with others... your in my top picks so stop by and check it out!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat,

    I am so glad you and your friend Annette were able to spend time together. Sounds like you had a great time.

    That is so strange; I cannot imagine not being able to just walk into the store and getting a can of pumpkin. Down here, it is available in our stores all year long.

    I remember that jello salad! I still have my Tupperware Jello mold. Hmm. Sounds like we are about the same age!

    Congratulations to Shane!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! So nice that you were able to get together with your friend. Hope you can continue to get together. Congrats to Shane on graduating... is that from Junior College? Great stash of pimpkin! I need to try and find some for Kali. The doctor said I could just put Metamucil in her food- bought the plain kind. Have a great weekend! All my Minnesota relatives make jello salads and jello molds. Very big in the Midwest. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails