Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chunky Crochet Flower Pin for Cloche

Wow! the weather is fabulous! it's changed from in the 100's to 76 degrees yesterday. I was cold after that hot weather. Fall is coming quick my trees are losing their leaves and changing colors.


Another craft I love is crochet. So yesterday I decided I wanted to learn to make a chunky flower using two strands of yarn. I used a teal green and a deep violet purple, both have sequence in the yarn. Now that I am done with the flower, I am going to crochet a cloche. Afterwards I will attach the flower to the cloche. 


I think the flower is cuter in person and you can see all the layers better in person, next time I make one I will do each layer a different color. But I am happy with this flower for the color I am going to make the cloche. 


This photo shows the layers a little bit better




Here is a link to an Etsy Shop with a little girl wearing a cloche with flowers. Some people on there have the most beautiful children to use as models to photograph wearing the garments that are handmade. I wonder if any of these children get chosen to be models. Look at this little girl, she is so cute. I love her eyes.  


I'm going to get a hair trim today, I am letting my hair grow out, so I only want a little off and then I am going to get it colored, well weaved. I don't do all my hair one color. I have to get rid of the dark dish water blond I hate. 


My brother opened his new business on the first, though he has been operating out of his home for a year. He repairs play stations at his business called Gameday Resources located at
9071 Foothills Blvd, Ste. 2, Roseville, CA 95747 
http://www.gamedayresources.com/
He also repairs by mail. He is making good money doing this, I am so excited for him. He has one of his daughter's working part time with him right now doing things on the computer for him that he does not have time to do because he is busy making repairs, I think she will take phone calls sometime as well. This will be good for her, she could use the extra money and also has another job and a house payment to pay. She just got her BA degree this December and my brother had a party for her at his house. 
Which reminds me my son is graduating this month, but he will have his AA degree going for his BA degree as well all while working. So yay for my niece Jenny and my son Shane.


After I get back from getting my hair done I am going to make a meatloaf, my husband loves that and then work on the cloche.      


College isn't the place to go for ideas. -Helen Keller 


Have a great day! 


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son and niece on their accomplishmnts! You did a great job crocheting that flower! Beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    What a beautiful crocheted flower!!! Love the colour too!
    Fall-my favourite time of year! I love those changing colours on the trees and leaves.
    Enjoy your meatloaf dinner-another favourite of mine.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! I posted about your giveaway at my blog tonight, so please enter me. And yes..all you do is tag me to enter, so you are entered in my giveaway too.

    Congrats to your niece & son Shane!

    You do such beautiful work Kat. I love your crocheted pieces. And I agree - what a beautiful little model!

    Hope you enjoyed your dinner. I love meatloaf too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I posted on my site about your giveaway and told everyone to go to my sidebar and link to you thanks. I like the crochete pin you made it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! That little girl is really pretty- beautiful eyes! I was just telling Denise how pretty her daughter is- she's modeling Denise's knitwear. That's great about your brother's business! Justin has all the playstations, x-boxes, etc... If his ever breaks, I'll ask you about your brother. :) Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kat, what a pretty flower, you are very talented. Congratulations to Shane & your niece! I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails