Friday, September 24, 2010

Busy as a Bee!

Happy Fall! I was suppose to post yesterday, but I am running in a 100 circles.

My husband Steve and I have been decorating or rather redecorating our kitchen this year. So far we have purchase Stainless Steel Appliances, only because our oven broke and then that started us into a decorating mode and to make the dining area more functional for  family get togethers.

So this week we purchased a really nice table and chairs, we had four chairs already and a black distressed hutch. Our old chairs have black and walnut wood color, the new chairs are all black with a nice solid wood table we got from from RC Willey. It was the very last one, the actual floor model. The table will open up to 102 inches and can seat about 10 to 12 because at the ends of the tables we can fit two chairs there for the holidays. We will need this since Kirsten my daughter is looking like she is going to marry her boyfriend next year and he has two kids that he has custody of. So instead of putting the fold out tables in the great room as we have been doing in the past, we can all fit in the kitchen dining area and I have one extra rattan glass top table in the great room for overflow that will seat four more people if I have extra guest.  
So this will work out great for us giving us lots of room in the great room to move around with the extra kids we will need that room.    
We got the table and chairs for a great price and I mean great price. I do not have the leaves in the table but they slide in at the ends, that is really a great feature.
Well looks like I might be a step grammy next spring to Kayla 9 and Brandon 5 and I am sure after that from what Kirsten says our family will be growing again.

I got to spend the afternoon with my granddaughter Morgan, I picked her up after school and we hung out for awhile. It was a great day. Morgan is my sons daughter.    

The day before that I had lunch with my friend Terry and her 6 month old grandson, he is so cute and big.

Here is a few photos of our kitchen table set. We need to hang a new chandelier which we purchased and remove the busy Warren Kimble border and then we are happy with the make over of the kitchen this year.


The Warren Kimble border at the top there and Chandelier must go. Steve and I bought a new Chandelier it's very homey.


I like the table with the Lantern in the center I was playing with the decorations and finally decided to go with this look.

everyone thinks my kitchen looks country but soon I will be going to a Italian look, once that border comes down and I get the Italian art up it will look the way I want.      
  
So we have quite a job ahead of us this weekend. But first Steve needs to finish painting the back of the house and he is also working on a car to sell, so he is a busy guy right now. So probably will only get the Chandelier hung. 

Here is my Flower Cloche it turned out pretty. I am now making purses! yes I am always crafting. My husband thought I looked good in the cloche but I don't think so at all. My hair is getting long. Yay!


Yuck! but I love the Cloche with flower so cute!


Side few is better.

Edee thought I was making her a blanket. LOL!

Okay back to working on the purse I am making my daughter for a Christmas gift, it's cute so far. Much different style from my last purses. I decided to use a pattern from Lazy Girl Patterns, in the past I didn't use a pattern.

I will take a break from that to make pumpkin walnut bread today. Yummy! 

"A man may lose the good things of this life against his will; but if he loses the eternal blessings, he does so with his own consent." Augustine 

Have a wonderful day!   

Kat's Signature Tag

11 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks great...very homey. It will be nice to have everyone at the same table. Looking forward to seeing the chandelier.
    You did a beautiful job on the cloche. Very pretty colors.
    Edee is so cute. My pets always like to get in on the crafting too. I think they get jealous and want some attention.
    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    Love your kitchen. It looks great! Love the cloche and the colour is lovely. my favourite colour is blue.
    It is always a precious time with family.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Your tableset is beautiful. I like it. I like the hat you made. Your pets are cute. kim sillshill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a big table but I bet once everyone is around it, it will seem "small". looks like it was a good find though! we have similar colored counter tops in our kitchens :)

    (son just turned 21; he was out on his own for a few months, lost his job, had to move back home. We live in an area with very high unemployment. If it was a perfect world, he would be out on his own. He definitely wants out of here, but needs to make sure all things are in place before he does so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    I love your kitchen table set. Very cute :) You look adorable in that Cloche. Very cute. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We are having a heatwave here :(
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, Love your kitchen table, chairs and hutch. Very comfy and homey look! I love black and also have it in my kitchen too.

    Your crochet cloche is adorable and you look so cute in it too. I bet you had a nice time hanging out with your grand daughter. Fun memories, I am sure!

    I am so enjoying my earrings.You are so talented!!
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat, I like your dining room. Fun to decorate, especially for the fall. I think it is cool about the crafts you make and I like your hat too. It is way to hot for us, 108. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your kitchen looks so warm and welcoming! Love your cloche too. You are quite a talented lady! Is your hair naturally curly? So pretty!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat! The table and chairs are great- goes well with your hutch. I saw the new chandelier on FB. Perfect choice. I have a brass chandelier that is so pretty but brass is very out now but Jeff doesn't want to replace it. I'm thinking about using a metal spray paint on it. :) Make it bronze. It's nice to have a big table that expands but that makes it difficult to have a rug under your table... you know what I mean? If you use the leaf then the rug is too small or else the rug looks way oversized without the leaf. It's a dilemna. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat! I love RC Willey - could spend ages browsing there! You found a great table - so pretty. I can't wait to see your Italian look when you finish it. I bet it's going to be beautiful.

    Great news on your daughter & her boyfriend. I am glad she has found a nice guy & that she's happy.

    I think you looked good in the Cloche...really pretty.

    Have a wonderful week Kat. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat,
    Congratulations to Kirsten. I wish for her much happiness and love.
    Your table set is beautiful. Your dining room is so pretty. I love Italian/Tuscany decor.
    Very nice job with the cloche. I made four of them, with scarfs, a couple of years ago and gave them to my niece to give to her friends up in Maine.
    Take care, my friend and have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails