Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weekends & Recipes

Hello it's a wonderful weekend in Northern California! We have had the coolest summer here.
Tomorrow Steve and I are going to go to church and then watch a movie and relax. It's been a difficult week for Steve at work. I feel so frustrated for him... all that is going on and he is unable to do anything about it.

Yesterday I met up with my high school friend Terry. We went to Panera Bread, Joann Crafts, a Quilting Store and the Mall.

Right now my cat who is bigger then my dog Effie is cleaning her all over. She normally bites Effie sometime during this ritual, and then Effie will yelp, but so far so good!

Here is a recipe I wanted to share this weekend it's so yummy and good for you.

Broccoli Pasta Toss

1 cup small broccoli flowerets
1 1/4 cups cooked pasta (your choice)
1/2 cup Sun Maid Raisins
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper

Dressing
1/3 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper

Combine all salad ingredients. Combine all dressing ingredients and blend well. Pour dressing over salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss and serve. Makes 4 servings.

That's what it looks like all mixed up. I guess it taste better then it looks. I love broccoli and noodles mixed together.



Thank you Judy for this cute siggie and all the other ones as well. I love them!



9 comments:

  1. Hi Kat!! I am sorry Steve had a bad week. I hope tomorrow is a great day for you guys and you can relax. Enjoy your movie.
    The broccoli pasta toss looks so good!!
    Have a nice evening!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    I am continuing to keep you and your husband in my prayers. I know how hard it is for them when things are rough at work. Jerry and I went through this for several years before they shut his plant down. Just remember all things happen for a reason and trust in God he has a plan for you. That's too funny our cat cleans our lab's face all the time. :-) Hope you have a great weekend.
    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,
    Sorry to hear your husband had a bad week at work. I hope things get better for him soon. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you both enjoy your Sunday together! Take care...blessings... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try this recipe. It looks delicious.
    I hope your husband and you have a much better week coming up.God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat! That's so funny that your cat cleans Effie! That would be good for America's Funniest Home Videos! I saw on FB about Steve's plates being stolen. Wonder if someone was going to commit a crime using his plates? Glad you noticed them missing and reported it! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Kat! First of all: happy belated birthday to Steve :) So sorry to read he had a difficult time at work, hope he will have a happy rest of the month! Broccoli and pasta go so well together, don't they? Simply yummy!
    Have a happy day, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am having a look at your shots at Flickr. You have been visiting some stunning places! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat, sorry about Steve week, this is such a hard time & I hope things get better for him. I thought dogs would lick cats, not the other way around but I'm used to bigger dogs lol. I miss Panera, there are none around here. The close ones are outside Mobile, Alabama which isn't that far but too far for lunch or a loaf of bread :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat,
    Sorry to hear of Steve's hard time this week. I sure hope all is better now?
    The pasta looks so delicious and I will be trying this recipe for sure!
    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails