Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

I guess it's been a cool summer...... but my body does not know that. Whatever temperature it is my body thinks it's a lot hotter. This all started for me in the fall of last year, it seems to come and go. Funny thing is, I was talking to my brother tonight and he said to me "what's wrong with you?" I told him, it's my female problem I told you about. He understands perfectly because his wife is two years older then me and her problem began about a year before mine.

So now my allergies are doing a bit better now that I am taking every single prescription I was given, allergies pills, nose sprays and go weekly for my allergy shots. In a few weeks I will be back to once a month, but for now I have to go weekly for them.  
So I am pretty much a mess! I think my family sometimes thinks I am a hypochondriac because I have so many aliments, but none bad enough to kill me so that's a good thing. LOL!

My baby girl just had her birthday Monday. I can't believe how old my baby is.
Kirsten's divorce is final and she and her new boyfriend are doing well. She enjoys his kids very much, she says Glen is really sweet and it seems she is pretty happy with everything. I am happy for her, because I know how much stress she was going through and it's good to see her progressing in a positive direction.
She moved out of her friends house and is renting her own place now. So she is on her own for the first time in about 10 years. It's hard for her,  but she seems be doing okay with it all.

Steve and I decided after church on Sunday to go for a nice Sunday drive. We came home and got our pups and camera and off we went to Oregon City California. I had found another covered bridge for us to photograph.

This covered bridge is in Oregon City, Butte County California, it's the newest covered bridge in the US. It was built in 1984. This historic town is close to Oroville California. It was a nice drive.

After we photographed the bridge we went to Oroville and got some lunch and took it to a park in Oroville to eat because we had the dogs with us and it was a hot day. I don't know what the name of the park was, but neither Steve nor I am familiar with this area.
After we ate our lunch we got from Wendy's, we got out of the SUV to let the dogs take care of business in the park. I noticed a bunch of guys with a dog that was not leashed with them, but they were far off in the distance so I didn't worry much. There was a homeless man sitting on the picnic table near us and a lady walking a small dog in the park, an elderly couple walking and several families with their kids. All of sudden I heard sirens in the distance and I heard the guys yell run, run, run and they took off with their bikes and on foot and with the dog running with them all went as fast as they could down to the river that ran right along the park. All of sudden about 5 Oroville police cars descended upon the park and 3 of them parked right next to our SUV or along side it and behind it. I took out my flip video and recorded their cars surrounding us. I noticed everyone moved out of the way and the park looks completely empty except you can see one police officer and the police cars, but just seconds before the park was full of people.
The weird thing is, I didn't know what was going on at all. I thought it was a drug bust or something, but afterwards some people in the park told me the mexicans sitting on the bench with the dog were trying to attack and steal from another homeless man that was elderly.
Satisfied with the answer to my question, Steve and I headed to see the Oroville Dam. I didn't take nice photos for some reason of the dam. I mean they turned out nice, but they are nothing special to show off. I didn't think it was very pretty there at all.
I would have posted my video here, but I would have to upload it to youtube and I didn't want to. I know you can put video on here using the Blogger but I can't extract my flip camera files unless I upload them to youtube and then share that way.  

Okay that was more then I thought I would write. Have a great week!



Kat's Signature Tag

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! Have you ever tried Vimeo for videos? I like it a lot better than Youtube. It's free and you can even password your videos. That sounds scary about all the police descending on the park. We are off to Mammoth for a few days and the dogs are coming, too. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an adventure! I love covered bridges and always look forward to seeing what you have to show us. I know what you mean about the age of your daughter. My boys both just had a birthday in June and I cannot believe how old they are now. Where has the time gone!? It seems like it was just yesterday that they were running around as toddlers.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new bridge photo! Wow, what excitement at the park. Thank goodness no one was hurt! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! Have a wonderful evening!
    Thanks for my sweet comments on my blog, if you get a chance to watch PollyAnna it's a cute Disney movie. Always been one of my favorites.
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    I am happy to hear your daughter is doing good and has her own place and everything. What a greay picture of that bridge. Sorry about your female thingy and your allergies. Hope you have a wonderful evening sweetie.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    Love your post and the photo of the bridge is beautiful!!
    Glad that you are feeling better-allergies can make you feel just awful!! I seem to be taking anti-histamines all year round!
    I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday! Children grow up so quickly.
    Have a lovely day!
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat!! I see you had some excitment at the Park....LOL!! I would have been freaked out probably.
    I hope you feel better soon. How are ou having a cool summer? It has been 100º here this week. It rained yesterday and has cooled off, so I am happy now, but the rain makes my body hurt...LOL!! I love getting older.
    I am glad Kirsten is doing better. Have a nice weekend sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails