Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Out for a Walk

Summer breeze makes me feel fine.......Seals & Crofts

So yesterday the hubbie is a bit happier then the day before (refer to last post), but today he has that stressful meeting to go to and on his day off. I am sure they will all be blasted and I don't think he will be fired, I just think there will be some changes of some sort and some bad news of some kind. I know how the car business is.

On a brighter note my husband and I went for a nice walk the other day. Only problem is he took a photo of me with the dogs and it's the first photo we've taken of me with the dogs in a long long time that shows off their cute little faces. But the photo is awful for one reason as you can see. I asked my husband didn't you notice my problem with my top? he said no. LOL! To bad my sweater was not buttoned up at the top, that would have helped.
Anyway I am posting it small because I think it's a cute photo of the dogs. It's a little well risque for me, and more then I would like to show off of myself....... if you know what I mean? I thought I had on a nice safe top. I guess it is, as long as I don't bend over.  

     This is a nice area to take a walk where we live. I like to find bird to photograph or whatever is interesting that particular day.


Effie on the left and Edee on the right my two sweeties. They sure make me smile when it's hard to find something to smile about. I am pretty sure that is why God gave us dogs and cats, children, horses, birds and wonderful animals.

  
This is something I don't find cute (snakes) well not anymore. As a teenager I did bring one home from science class for a week and put it in the garage. When my mom came home I told her about it, it was in a box, but she was so afraid to go out there. 
I also don't like the unexpected. But I have a saying I like to live by. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Essentially be on guard and take care.   


Red Winged Black Bird. I don't have the zoom lens I would like to have yet on my DSLR, but maybe someday. You can see a really nice close up of the Red Winged Blackbird at this site. Boy do I love his bird photos. (I am not jealous at all).
Would you like to hear what a Red Winged Black bird sounds like, click here scroll down the page a bit. Click on the tab sound and listen. So pretty!



Here is a great action shot I got though of the Red Winged Black bird, though a bit blurry but not to bad. 

Okay that was a nice walk and I enjoyed taking the photos of the bird and it reminds me of  bible verses in Matthew 6:25-34, how God cares for our needs as we observe in nature. And in verse 26 God feeds the birds, and we are more valuable then the birds, so we ought not to worry about how we will be fed, God will take care of all this for us. Comforting words in hard times.  

Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry
 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

     
Now go have a great day in the Lord! and be sure to watch the birds..............


Kat's Signature Tag

7 comments:

  1. Ciao dear Kat, what a nice walk you and your hubby had! :) Love the photo of you with the pups, so cute! :D I do love taking photos of birds too, thanks for showing yours. Enjoy July and all the beauty of nature. Will try to visit your Flickr stream as soon as the new laptop is 100% ready. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!! I love the picture. Your doggies are so cute. :)
    Oh my!! Where is that rattlesnake sign so I know where not to go? I am scared to death of snakes!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LOL!!
    Have a nice day sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly know what you mean because over the years my furbabies have brought me a lot of comfort and joy. Matthew 6:25-34 is something I have had to read many times as a reminder... Your pups are adorable. Love the picture of the Red Winged Blackbird.

    I will keep you and Steve in my prayers.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh on the snakes! May you never meet one at all!
    Lovely post and good advice to take one day at a time.
    The pups are just so dear. I always loved tiny dogs.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree about our animals getting us through those tough moments in life. You are very brave walking where rattlessnakes may be! LOL I'm enjoying your walk just fine sitting here in my living room, lol. I hope all is well with your husband's job. I love birds too, have you ever gotten the birds and blooms magazine? I really enjoy it. Have a great night!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat!
    You are so right about our animails getting us through things..they love us unconditionally that's for sure! Your two little dogs are so cute. :-)
    I enjoy all the pics..but I wouldn't like to be on the lookout for rattlesnakes!
    That is a great scripture passage, thanks for sharing it!
    Take care and be blessed!
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat,

    Just wanted to respond to your comment on my blog, I don't see an email link for you so I hope it's o.k. posting in comments. :-0 I do have an interest in geneology, my Aunt is actually very into it and teaches classes on it, but we live far away. I have wanted to get started on it, but never seem to have time. I'd love to see the covered bridge pics, have you done a post on it? I also wanted to thank you for your kind words about my husbands Aunt. We really appreciate it. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails