Sunday, July 18, 2010

Miracles

The other day on Facebook someone had posted something about Mel Gibson and his recent problems. One thing about Mel Gibson despite his recent fall from grace is in my opinion his movie "The Passion of the Christ". I believe this to be his best work.
This movie had great impact on me. I remember after watching it with my mom, our friends Roger and Peg and Steve when it came out in 2004. Afterwards I ran home and read the book of Matthew from the bible that very evening going over and over it. I had never realized this flogging ritual was so brutal and I had read Matthew so many times, how could I miss this?
I think there is something about seeing something compared to reading it in a book. It made me realize all that Jesus went through for us. I had always cried about all that Jesus went through for our sins, but now I cried even more after watching the movie.


A few days ago I seen this video from Krista Branch, it's a great video. Today I found a story on the 700 club about her and her husband Michael and how they were also very moved by the movie "The Passion of the Christ" and how they had a miracle in their lives after watching the movie. Read the Story Here, from the 700 club website.  Praise the Lord for their miracle baby.

I love this song Kirsta is singing, she put exactly into words how I am feeling. Thank you Krista Branch! Here is the video and the lyrics. Love it!





'I Am America' lyrics:
Pay no attention to the people in the street
Crying out for accountability
Make a joke of what we believe
Say we don't matter 'cause you disagree
Pretend you're kings, sit on your throne
Look down your nose at the peasants below
I've got some news, we're taking names
We're waiting now for the judgment day
I am America, one voice, united we stand
I am America, one hope to heal our land
There is still work that must be done
I will not rest until we've won
I am America
You preach your tolerance, but lecture me
Is there no end to your own hypocrisy
Your god is power, you have no shame
Your only interest is political gain
You hide your eyes and refuse to listen
You play your games and abuse the system
You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning
I will not give up on this fight
I will not fade into the light, I am America
You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning
I am America, one voice, united we stand
I am America, one hope to heal our land
I will not give up on this fight  
I will not fade into the light, I am America 


Many of you may know Krista but I don't, I just learned of her this week. Maybe I have not seen all her other songs. 




I made about 15 beautiful pairs of earrings yesterday. I got a blister under my ring finger on my right hand. Next time I need to take my ring off when I make that many earrings. I use needle nose pliers and some of the wire I used is really hard to work with.    


We're off to church and then we will relax for the day, Steve has to be back at work tomorrow and then has some other days off mid-week. He has a weird schedule, it changes all the time.   


Have a blessed Sunday!



Kat's Signature Tag

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Hope you are staying cool it is hot herw this weekend. 15 pairs of earings, you are a busy girl. Hope you have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!! I have never heard of her either, I am assuming she has probably been on Glen Beck? I haven't been able to watch him in a long time. What a powerful song! Love it!!
    I love The Passion of the Christ movie, our church speaks often of how bad the flogging was, so when it came to that part, I was a mess. I know, I cry too, He loves us so much.
    I bet your earrings are gorgeous!! Sorry you got a blister though. I hope it feels better soon. Have a nice day!! ((BIG HUGS))!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely song, thanks for sharing. I haven't seen passion of the Christ yet, but I've been wanting to. Hope you have a great day!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails