Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Glass is Half Empty and It's Leaking

I'm sitting here watching the birds eat off their bird feeders. It's a cool morning with a wonderful delta breeze of 65F. I love it.
Finally my Crape Myrtle's are blooming. So now I can finish photographing my garden for this year when they have bloomed fully. They bloomed late this year, it's the first time they have bloomed this late since we've planted them, but it was a very cold winter.
It's so nice to look out my craft room window and see all our crepe myrtle's in bloom!
It's only get to the upper 80's today. It's been a really nice July so far. But soon it will be in the upper 90's which I hate.
Crape Myrtle
Lantana
Steve has decided we won't be doing any more upgrades to the house this year or until things get better at work and in the economy.
We won't be spending any money, but saving as much as we can. We're going to make some changes here at the White House and only spend money when we need to for awhile and until we feel more secure. Our White House is different from the White House in Washington because we can't spend other peoples money or spend money we don't have.    
We always work on the house doing this and that, but his job at a car dealership has recently fired 2 people. There is a big meeting on Wednesday and Steve worries what will happen next. He is not a car salesman but a service advisor, just so you know. LOL!
This year and last year he has made much less money then in previous years.
Our house is not under water yet, but it's not anyway near worth what we've put into it.
I think Steve is feeling discouraged and I don't blame him. 
You turn on the news and it's bad news, you go to work and it's bad news. The only good news is that we have God to turn to in times of trouble. Of course we are happy that Steve has a job, but he worries that Wednesday there will be more firings.

"But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope..." (Heb.3:6)

I pray you have a good day and remember to pray for our country, as so many people are also discouraged right now.  
Kat's Signature Tag

7 comments:

  1. G'morn, Kat ~ TY for your note. I don't know where the friend got the snowfall for my blog that she set up ... computer dumb am I. I can only go forward & backward, occasionally up & down ... chuckle!

    Your flowers are lovely, so bright in colors.

    Yes, tighten those belt buckles as the economy doesn't look good for the next 2 years at least. It is amazing how some people just think our monies are to be frivolously shared/spent on luxurious things for their selves ... I too, would like to fly my children to England for 'true' fish & chips, just for the day ... the tide is changing, sweetie.

    I hope all holds well for your hubby, it is a scary world right now ...

    Have a lovely week ~
    TTFN~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Susan is so sweet. :)

    I will be praying that your husband's job will be spared. So many people are going through hard times right now.
    I am so thankful we have a God who will take care of us. Being a pastor's family, we've always struggled financially, but God has always been faithful to meet our needs. Our lifestyle is pretty basic, but we've never gone without the necessities.

    Your pictures are very pretty. Crepe myrtles are a favorite of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao dear Kat, I hope you will have a blessed and prosperous rest of the year! You sure deserve to be happy and not stressed 'cos of this terrible economy. Lovely photos, as always. Big hugs & smiles your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kat, your crepe myrtle is beautiful, how weird it took so long to bloom. It must have been a very nasty winter for you. The most important is that it's blooming now. It's such a scary world right now, good idea to keep things simple for a moment. Our dogs make life so special, Buddy sure makes me smile. I'm sending positive thoughts for Steve's job. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat!
    wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog! We think Elvis is a cutie too! :-) So neat that both our husbands are 4 years older than us. I find that checking that box does give you ALL follow up comments, from a comment you may make on another blog. I am learning as I go. LOL I usually try to track back and leave a follow up note or email to my comments.
    I am sorry to hear what's going on with your husband's job. Not sure if you've read all my posts or not, but I have one I talk about when my husband lost his job in Feb. I am praying for you and I have certainly been in your shoes. Before they closed his Plant down we lost pay as well. It has been a struggle, but together I know we'll get through this. You guys will too. Check out my post, it may help you. Many blessings to you.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's under the post in june, What doesn't break us only makes us stronger. Thanks! :-)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat,
    Sorry for the worry Steve has over his job. I know how he feels. 6 1/2 years ago when our economy started to get bad I had to get that 2nd job at the hospital and I am so thankful I have that job and my full time job now otherwise I wouke be living with the kids! It sure is starting to heat up not too soon for me lol I don't like the heat 80's is perfect weather. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails