Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bridge Photos from Trip to Oregon & California

As many of you know I love to photograph things. One of my favorite things to photograph is bridges and especially covered bridges which you can see in previous posts or by clicking on the link in the sidebar that says covered bridges or just click here and you can see many different post where I photographed covered bridges. Steve and I have photographed covered bridges in Oregon and CA. We just started this last year in the fall. We also like to photograph lighthouses and that we've been doing for awhile.  

Here is a couple of different kind of bridges that Steve and I have photographed. This first bridge is from our June trip to Oregon.
The name of the bridge is the Thomas Creek Bridge near Brookings, Oregon, it's the highest bridge in Oregon.

If you click on it you can see if up close and personal. This bridge is 345 feet high, 30 feet wide and 956 feet long. The bridge is located off Hwy 101 near Brookings Oregon.



Here is a bridge in Gold Beach Oregon over the Rouge River, the Isaac Lee Patterson bridge.

This is the Forrest Hill Bridge near my home in California. This is a photo of my daughter Kirsten and me in January of this year standing near the bridge.


The view from the bridge. It's the 3rd highest bridge in the world and Hollywood has used this bridge in many movies. One recent movie that featured the bridge is "The Ugly Truth" with Katherine Heigl, other movies are xXx and "The Phantom". 

Here is a really nice photo in the lower area, my husband and I have to get one shot of our own from this angle. The bridge was built in 1971 and has a very controversial past and present, but it seems to put to rest for now. The bridge stands 730 feet above the riverbed. 
The bridge spans the North Fork of the American River between the towns of Aburn and Foresthill in the Sierra Foothills  

I should have posted this for Outdoor Wednesday. Oh well maybe next week I will share it here.

Have a great day!  

Kat's Signature Tag

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! Wow, I've missed a lot of posts! You have been a busy blogger! I got caught up on all of them. I enjoyed reading how you & Steve met. I got married at 17 also - 2 months after my 17th birthday. I didn't think so then, but I was a kid! I think - "What was I thinking???" But we are still together.

    I have a phobia of bridges - really scared to go over one. Your photos of them are lovely, but I would be panicked to have to cross them - especially the really hugh one & long ones. I don't like heights either. :) Hope you have a blessed day Kat. Hope the meeting went well for your husband. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,

    These views are amazing! I was getting that little fluttery feeling in my tummy, you know when you're SCARED OF HEIGHTS, LOL and I'm just seeing the pics. HaHa. I did view the photos of the covered bridges. How fascinating. That is so wonderful you get to travel to and see these different places. What a blessing! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,
    I enjoyed your pictures of the bridges...some very pretty views!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend. Try to stay cool, the next few days will be hot ones! We've been using our a/c a lot more, and all of our fans! :)

    Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat!! Those are gorgeous pictures of the bridge. Did I ever tell you about when we went to Florida, when we went to Tampa Bay...how when we were on the bridge that gets you to Tampa Bay, I was freaking out. It is long and I kept thinking it was going to fall into the water and we were going to drown..LOL!! We crossed many bridges on the way there, it was just that highway. Do you know what I am talking about? I need to look it up and show it to you. Makes me shiver.
    Thanks for telling me about my day of the week graphic at my blog, just fits..I posted last night and the day was awful. I posted the wrong day.
    Today has been better. Josh and I just got back from the library and the university from returning our things and we stopped at Sonic for some vanilla ice-cream. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is a link to a picture of it...no guard rails and I did read it collapsed in 2007, but it looks like over a road and not over the water.

    http://content.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1115538256.jpg

    Here is the website, it is 4 miles long:
    http://bridgepros.com/projects/Sunshineskyway/Sunshineskyway.htm

    that bridge = me freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat! I am loving all of these bridge photos! That's a cute pic of you and Kirsten! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails