Monday, July 5, 2010

Anniversary Week

I hope you had a wonderful 4h of July! we had a really nice day with the kids and mom.
I had fixed Mexican food a taco salad with all the trimmings and jello, just something simple and not a BBQ. Leave it to my son to say why are we eating Mexican food on an American holiday? LOL! luckily my mom had the answer for that. What is American food but a mixture of many foods from around the world.
I guess that is true to a certain degree, but hamburgers and hot dogs I am sure are very American, but I am not one to eat those foods all that much. I will hardly ever eat a hot dog, but I will eat a hamburger once in a great while.
I also made a yummy dessert that is my mom always made for us when we were growing up.
It is the best dessert in the world and every time I've ever made it for people they just love it so much.

The kids moved this weekend, Shane and Jaime that is and they moved closer to me! they are still in Roseville, but way on the other end and are now about a 10 minute drive if that for us and it's a strait shooter to there place because we all live off CA State HWY 65. Morgan is close to her school now too. They didn't want to move, but the people that were renting to them wanted their house back, so the kids found a really cute condo to rent and it has a garage and back patio with a small yard. It's a cute two story condo.

So this week on Friday is Steve and my 22nd Anniversary, I cannot keep track anymore of how many years we've been married, so I am always doing the math in my head from 1988. Steve is the one that remembers this for me, but I remember everything else, like times, events and what happened when and where. For some reason he always gets that stuff all messed up. Good thing I keep a dairy.

Here is a photo I think Jaime my DIL took or Morgan of Steve and I on the 4th of July. It was bright outside for me. 

I don't think we are going to get to do anything special this week because Steve works on Friday our Anniversary, but we can go out on Thursday the day before for a little something special. 

Oh I wanted to share these adorable little shoes I got, they are like slippers with a flower on the top. They have them in a lot of colors but I chose black because black goes with everything. They are by Report Footwear.   







We are going to be in the mid 90's this week. This reminds me that my Crepe Myrtle Trees have not bloomed yet and they usually bloom by the 4th of July a firecracker red. But it was a very cold winter is all that Steve and I can think of and everything did bloom a bit late this year.   

Have a great week! 



Kat's Signature Tag

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat!! I love that picture of you and Steve!!
    Your 4th sounds great. Happy Anniversary too!! Ya know, I have trouble remembering how many years we have been married too, so don't feel bad. I am just not good at math.
    Those are cute shoes, they look very comfortable!! Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat!! I love that picture of you and Steve!!
    Your 4th sounds great. Happy Anniversary too!! Ya know, I have trouble remembering how many years we have been married too, so don't feel bad. I am just not good at math.
    Those are cute shoes, they look very comfortable!! Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat,
    Glad you had a lovely July 4th.
    Love your shoes-so pretty and they certainly look so comfortable!
    The Mexican food sounds wonderful!
    I will check out the angel sun catchers-I love angels and collect them in many diferent forms.
    Have great day!
    Blessings an hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    I'm glad you had a nice July 4th weekend! We did too. The picture of you and your husband came out nice. (I don't like hot dogs, but love hamburgers.) :)

    I hope you and Steve have a wonderful anniversary!

    Your new shoes look very comfortable. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kat~

    So glad you had a nice 4th of July the taco salad sounds good! Also what kind of yummy dessert did you make? I made a cream puff cake for the first time and boy was that yummy.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Steve! I really like that picture of the both of you!

    The shoes are adorable and look so comfy!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the double post....blogger was acting crazy...lol. Then I had to refigure out what I just wrote and write it again! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails