Monday, April 19, 2010

Weddings, Vacations, Appliances

I had a lovely birthday and Steve did take me to Old Sacramento to Joe's Crab Shack, but we didn't go until April 15, almost a week after my birthday. Funny how my birthday is not to much before Tax Day and close to Easter too, that's the part I like. However there has been many times I didn't get a birthday present because we had to pay taxes.
This year we had to pay because we didn't have a over payment like last year.
Here is a photo mom took of me on my birthday. It was the first really nice day we had in awhile, although it was a bit windy.


The sun was shining right in my eyes and it was another windy day!
In any event the food is great at Joe's Crab Shack and I had my usual crab cakes dinner. Steve always gets the seafood platter.

Joe's Crab Shack Old Sacramento, California



Photo of Sacramento State Capital with the Tea Party Event Going on April 15, 2010

So if you ever get up to Old Sacramento you know of one good place to eat.

It only takes us about 30 to 40 minutes to drive into Sacramento from our house, so it's not to bad and we went during the lunch hour on a weekday and the freeway was not to bad either.
The water at the Sacramento river is so ugly! it's so gorgeous at the American River where I grew up, it's practically crystal clear. I don't know if only this part of the Sacramento river is ugly or if it all is. I have not been to the Sacramento river beyond Old Sacramento in forever. 


My niece Sara is getting married in Arizona where she moved with her Fiance Ryan about 3 years ago now. They are working for a Power plant and bought a house that being foreclosed, it's big with a huge pool.
Here is a photo of them, Sara made a cute website Ryan and herself.
http://wedding.ryanandsara.net
This is my youngest brother's daughter. He has two daughters, the other daughter Jenny, is not married yet, maybe she will be next. She does have a boyfriend and just graduated Sac State this past winter. My oldest brother has three kids under 5.
I have the oldest kids, Sara is 28 this month and she is finally marrying her high school sweet heart.

Unfortunately I will not be flying out to my nieces wedding because Steve and I have a vacation planned for the very next week after her wedding and we are taking Morgan with us and going to Brookings Oregon again this year to the cabins. I didn't know she was getting married the week of our vacation until I got the invitation in the mail, by this time it was to late our vacation was planned and booked. I have her gift already to send to her though and so I will send that off to her. She didn't have a registry at her website or any information on gifts. I found something perfect for her.......I think? while shopping one day so I picked it up for her. I will miss seeing her in her dress though. I have watched both her and Jenny grow up since my mom, youngest brother and I live relatively close to one another.

My daughter Kirsten has filed for divorce and that will soon be done. She has a new boyfriend and I will be finally meeting him soon, they have been dating since about January right after Kirsten split from her husband. He has two children ages 4 and 8. The youngest a boy and the oldest is a girl. It's pretty serious between the two of them if she wants me to meet him. He has custody of the two kids, so there is the possibility that Kirsten could have a ready made family up the road. But at least for her she will finally get to have a baby and has seemingly at this point met a man that likes and enjoys family life. Her husband did not want kids and didn't care for family life.
I think Kirsten is really in love with the idea of having a baby, she is already talking baby names. I think now that she has hit 30, she feels the time clock ticking away. I just hope she does not rush into anything. But maybe love is just like that!

My oven range stove whatever one calls it, broke at Christmas and Steve and I had it fixed, it was about $350 or $360 for cost of the part. What was wrong with the oven was the pilot light would not fully go on and the food was not cooking evenly. Like bread and cookies and cakes wouldn't get cooked fully through. Well here it is April and just before Easter it broke again.
When we bought our house it was new in 2003 and we could choose either White appliances in Black or Stainless Steel. We chose Black, well I did, Steve wanted Stainless Steal but at the time it was something new and I was not all that fond of it, I still like the Bisque, that's my favorite and it would look good with our granite but Steve likes Stainless Steal, so we decided to ditch our black appliance and get Stainless Steel instead. Our Side by side fridge has never been big enough for the holidays when I cook for the family so we bought a really nice French door fridge with the freezer in the bottom with thru the door ice maker and we bought everything to match for our kitchen in Stainless Steal that included a Convection Range, Microwave Oven and a new Dishwasher. I am so excited to see what my kitchen is going to look like!  
Although it was hard to shell out the $$ for this stuff which is not cheap and the economy being the way it is, but we had the money to buy it so we did.
Perhaps we will have buyers remorse later. I just hope the economy gets better or it's not going to be worth it to spend money on your home in the future or even own a home. Although the housing market did pick a bit lately but that was due to the fact they had the stimulus rebates for new home buyers. I think they should have had it for everyone, not just new home buyers. In any event there are a lot of houses on the market where we live but not in my neighborhood and most houses in our neighborhood sell fast when they do go on the market I think it's a unique area and nice area that we live in.
I don't get the appliances until May 3 so there is no photos to show off at this point. I will say this it's really hard shopping for appliances and it took us all day to find everything we wanted.  
Here is the link to the Fridge we ended up purchasing. I see it's gone up this week, yet still on sale but we got it for $1799.99.

Okay until next time have a great week!
Kat's Signature Tag

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Great pictures of you and Steve. Sounds like you had a good Birthday other than having to oew the IRS. I owe every year :( nothing to write off for me! Your vacation to Oregon sounds like a fun time for sure! It has been years since I have been there. My son was able to modify their home loan and they are not upside down anymore so they are going to be able to sell it and at least break even when they move bacl here to Burbank it they ever can find a house? Have a great evening!
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Kat, thanks so much for the birthday wishes! :) Glad you had a lovely birthday (me too!), you and your hubby are so cute together! Such a lovely couple!
    Best of luck to your daughter Kirsten and her new love life. :)
    Also, congrats to Sara and Ryan for their wedding!
    Big hugs & have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! We have Joe's Crab Shacks in our bigger cities. I wish Tyler would put one in but they do have tons of good eating places already. Cute pics of you! Sounds like Kirsten is very happy and I hope all works out for her and her new man. Have a great day! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kat, your birthday sounds fantastic & your photos are always great, you don't seem to change. Congratulations on your new appliances, we have stainless steel too & we love it. I hope all goes well with Kristen & her new life, I'm glad she'll be able to have a baby when she wants to. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I'm not sure my first comment went through although there's a message saying it was published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat! Glad you had a nice birthday and the photos are cute! I hope you like Kirsten's new boyfriend. I would say it's a good sign that he's nice if he has custody of his kids. Hope their won't be issues with the ex-wife! I'm sure you'll like your new appliances. You'll have to buy some stainless steel cleaner. I'm always having to clean mine. I have all GE Profile except a Kitchenaid dishwasher because it was highly recommended. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed looking over your blog. I found your profile on another blog I follow and I added myself to follow you. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Loved the photos that you shared. We lived in Sacramento for a year, & loved going to Old Sacramento.

    Congrats to your niece & to your daughter.

    We just got a french door frig 2 or 3 weeks ago, & 'love' it! We went with Samsung though since they have won top awards for their refrigerators for 10 years in a row. Mike really researched it, & they were tops in everything he found. We love it! Can't wait to see pics of your new kitchen!

    Have a great day Kat. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails