Friday, April 23, 2010

In My Garden

I just love spring when everything begins to bloom, everyday I'm in complete anticipation as I run to the backyard to see what is blooming.
I love to take photos of the backyard and garden each year to see how it has changed from the year before. Since we are going on our seventh year in this house, it's fun to see the growth of our trees and shrubs and sadly to see what didn't make it through the winter and what needs to be replaced this year. This year was a very cold winter, but because I lost so many plants the year before, I was much more careful picking out any new shrubs last year  being sure that they can handle the 20's. So we didn't lose any shrubs this time, but lost all the flowers I planted last year in my garden except the snap dragons. Those seemed to have made it through the very cold winter. It was nice to see that something in my garden came back. Oh yeah I forgot my mums survived too! They have not bloomed yet though.
Okay here is my yard as we are going into year seven of living at this house.














Snap Dragon


I'm not sure what these are called but they are dainty and pretty and come in lots of pretty bright colors  



Red Rose with Rain Drops

Three Little Daisies 



Purple Pansy 

Today I went to get Morgan and brought her home with me. We went for a nice bike ride, it was a beautiful day! the first as gorgeous as this one yet this spring.
Tomorrow her and I are going to watch the movie called "The Last Song" based on a Novel By Nicholas Sparks, with Miley Cyrus.

On Friday nights I have been watching a great show called "Who Do You Think You Are". It's been really good. Each week they profile a new movie star, well read this about page
which it can explain better then I.

Kat's Signature Tag

11 comments:

  1. Ciao Kat, happy Monday! I am in awe, what a fantastic garden you have! :D
    I'd spend hours reading a good book there.
    Have a happy end of April, big hugs all the way from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kat~

    The garden looks beautiful...love the flowers!! I can't wait until I can start planting here on Long Island....still a bit cool...but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I am so glad you shared it.
    Its all so neat and well kept. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat! Now I can picture you out in your backyard, or sitting there on your patio with a good book. It gets too hot very fast here, to really be able to enjoy being out long. Love the pics of your flowers that made it through the winter. Sending you big hugs! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat,
    Your garden looks beautiful :) Those flowers you don't know the name of I have them in planters by my front door. They are great looking and I don't know the name either lol Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Yah to Paul moving back to Burbank!! I am so excited!! Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ciao Kat, have a lovely and sunny weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat! I haven't had the flu either for years and had flu shots so don't know what this was. I fainte once quite a few years ago and hit my cheek on the corner of the marble in our bathroom. Had to go to ER and they called a plastic surgeon to sew it up- only a few stitches but since it was my face they wanted someone who could do a good job. Feeling a lot better today.

    Your garden looks great and spring is a nice time when everything starts growing and blooming. You can imagine how welcome spring is in other places where it isn't green year round like here.

    Wishing you a happy May! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Love all of your garden pics...so pretty! Hope you are having a nice evening! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ciao Kat, hope you are having a lovely May! Hugs & blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat! Just wanted to stop in & wish you a wonderful Mother's Day! Hope your weekend is very special. I got a wonderful MD surprise yesterday - I posted about it at my blog. :-) Please don't forget to check my SWD this week - Emily is doing it. :-) Sending you big hugs. See you when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat! Just stopping in to wish you a lovely week. Hope all is well for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails