Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Already!

Wowzers! time flies when you're having fun. I can't believe I have not found the time to update my blog, but I've been really busy creating a secondary Jewelry and trinket shop. I will also be offering handmade handbags there, such as this one and other styles as well. I plan on doing pets, retro styles and birds, cherries and whatever else I can come up and time allows.

This is only one of many styles. You can check out my new website at http://www.shinymoonbeams.com

I will be offering retro style handbags, beach themed jewelry made with Shells and Pearls, Moonstones and more.

All jewelry that originates from a living creature, plant or other living organism is considered organic jewelry. Most of the jewelry on this site is made once. When it’s gone it’s gone. Why not treat yourself to some 1 of a kind jewelry today!


What have I been up to other then that, well building a website was no easy task let me tell you. I had to install wordpress the old fashioned way because the Fantastico would not allow me to put it in my main tree, I really needed it in my main tree. then I had to find a shopping cart and learn how to use that. Ugg!!! what a chore that was.

Well it's done so now I can move on and hopefully get all the things done in time I need to.





I made this really cute, (Well I think it's cute), altered art tag today for a slight diversion of my building websites and beading.




I really enjoyed this very much. Creating cards and tags have been something I have been doing since the 90's.

The pinecone and flower stamp I used were given to me from a friend. She gave me about 8 stamps. All brand new. I bought the birds, It came with several in one pack and I used these supplies:

distress inks, distress reinkers, rock candy distress stickles, heat tool, mini mister, perfect pearls, glossy accents, ink blending tool by Ranger, grungepaper, scissors, stamps, glue, ribbon and other elements.


I captured some cute finches on a video from my window, today I caught the tinniest little Lesser Finches they are so adorable. I have not seen not one American Gold Finch, even though Sac Bee said it was in the top list of birds in our area. But maybe it's been to cold for them yet. I read they are mostly in the southern end of the state this time of year. I even have thistle seed out.




Steve and I went out to the rice fields and looked in trees for birds, we found a old oak tree there, I was looking for a owl, but I hear they come out at dusk. I caught a woodpecker instead. I was not unhappy to catch that shot.





Small and Black and white woodpecker.

Male's
Black and white barred black, streaked with white on the center of crown, red on rear crown and upper nap.

Photo taken in Lincoln, California off Nicolaus on Brewer Road a Bird Hotspot in Placer County


I bought three books about birds, two are very old, published in 1939 "The Book of Birds".

It's by Gilbert Grosvenor and the art in it is fantastic by Allan Brooks, just gorgeous art of the birds.





American Goldfinch Carduelis tristis






Red-breasted Sapsucker Sphyrapicus ruber

The last book I bought is just a Backyard Bird book I bought at Lowe's. It's very interesting though.

Have a nice weekend. ~Kat

9 comments:

  1. You've really been busy!
    No easy jobs you took on there.
    I love the video of the birds and it makes me wish for summer. It's been so cold this year.
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again...
    The glass was from the tops of the old telephone poles. It protected the wires I guess. She placed them and old glass fishing floats and old time colorful bottles on glass shelving that lined our windows.
    The sun shone through them and cast the most wonderful colors round the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! I can't believe I found you! I saw a tag from you on another blog, so followed you here. Lovely website! I love your bag!! You are certainly busy! Is Tabitha a new pet? I don't remember you having her. I have been taking a long break from blogging, but I'm back now. Can't wait to catch up on your life. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    You sure have been busy. I love your purses they are so cute. You are so talented :) The videos of the birds was so sweet. Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely purses & tags, Kat. Your birds are gorgeous, also. I love watching for birds ... I saw the hawk was back the other day ...

    Happy St Patrick's Day
    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat! I see you've been your usual crafty self. :) It's nice for you to have a creative outlet like that. Ryan's leg is all better- went away as mysteriously as it came.

    We've had so many rainy weekends that I haven't put out much thistle so really don't know if the American gold finches are around. I hate when the seed gets wet and it can get moldy. Have a great Friday and weekend ahead!

    (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kat, you sure have been busy & everything is so pretty! I hope your week is going well, it's going fast for me. Thanks for your comment, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat! Your purses are so adorable! Love all of the bird pics too! I have got to learn this camera, lol. I just don't seem to have any time. Hope you have a great week! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat! Do you remember when we had our little stuffed mouse- Elliot- who traveled around the world to blog friends? Well, Flat Stanley is sort of like that but he's just a little paper doll type cut out that you dress up and take to sights in your town. It's a school project. There's a big website devoted to Flat Stanley projects- think it's just FlatStanley.com. Still not as adorable as our Elliot's Excellent Adventures! :) Enjoy the week ahead! We're in the 80's this week! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails