Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Week



Aww at last Easter is nearly here, my favorite time of the year. At this time of year I reflect on all that Jesus gave for us so that we might live. Christ Speaking "I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly".

God's Love- "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16 NIV).

Jesus is our one true peace and the only one we as people should follow. The world is full of lies and deceit and sin.
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).


Let us pray 
that the Risen Christ will raise us up 
and renew our lives.
God our Father,
by raising Christ your Son
you conquered the power of death
and opened for us the way to eternal life.
Let our celebration today
raise us up and renew our lives
by the Spirit that is within us.
Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
For Easter we are going to church then afterwards I will have the family over for a delicious Easter dinner. Steve is going to make Beef Stroganoff for the family. I am going to make us a green salad and buy some bread this time rather then making it homemade because we want Sourdough bread. Mom is going to make a fruit salad of strawberries, bananas, kiwi and pineapple. It's going to be yummy!
I am going to make a dessert, Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. I made it last year with the Trifle bowl my mom gave me for my birthday. 
I will probably make some cookies as well because there is always someone who doesn't like something........ you know how that goes right?






Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe by Kraft


Layers of cheesecake/pudding with chunks of pound cake and freshly sliced strawberries.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle


3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
3 Tbsp sugar
2 pkgs (8 oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cool whip, divided
2 cups pound cake cubes (1 inch)
Combine berries and sugar; refrigerate until ready to use.
Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; mix well.
Blend in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spoon half of the mixture into a trifle or clear bowl.
Top with layers of cake, berries and remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate at least 4 hours but best if refrigerated over night. 


I am very sad these past weeks as I found out my youngest brother has cancer. It's kidney cancer. They think they can get it out because it is small, but also he is in a lot of pain in his abdomen and we don't know what is wrong with him and neither to the Doctor's for sure at this point and until they remove the cancer on his kidney, they didn't think the abdomen pain had anything to do with the caner. My brother is starting to worry because he is being told so many things. It will be best when they know more and he can relax. But for now he is on Vicodin and is suffering with pain.  
It's very hard to have a family member sick, as I remember when Shane was sick and there seems like there is nothing you can do, but then I remember that prayer is the best thing that anyone can really do. 


What are you going to do for Easter?
I pray you and your family have a wonderful Easter! ~Kat

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kat, your trifle bowl is so pretty & the trifle looks so yummy! I love your cute little cat right near the comment. He follows my mouse with his eyes :o) Happy Easter Kat, I'm so sorry about your younger brother, I hope he survives his cancer. It's the worst thing but thankfully he can live with only one kidney if needed.
    Have a great Easter, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat,
    Beautiful post! Your trifle recipe looks delicious...the photos look wonderful! Your trifle bowl is so pretty. We are going to my brother's house for Easter dinner after church on Sunday. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

    (I love your virtual cat...too cute! I love how he tries to play with the cursor.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope your brother is ok. I know that must be scary. Your dessert looks awesome! I find the best recipes from fellow bloggers!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    Your Easter dinner sounds great. I love that strawberry cheesecake truffle!! We do not celebrate Easter of course. When I was young and Paul was young the Holiday for us was just about the Easter bunny and Easter basket filled with candy. I am actually going to the kids house this weekend. They are having a BBQ. I am so sorry to hear about your brother please keep me posted on when they know or sure what it is and what they are going to do. Nothing worse than a sick family member.
    Did I tell you we ar going to Lake Tahoe finally this Summer? I am very excited. We are staying for 8 days in my sons motor home.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, your Easter dinner sounds great! I love strawberries, in any way! :) Zeno and I will spend Easter with friends, but I still have to plan our Easter menu. Lamb and eggs are typical, but no one like lamb, so... something with eggs, LOL!
    Oh, I just noticed Maukie, what a cutie!
    So sorry about your younger brother, Kat, hope he will have no pain soon, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat! Your Easter plans sounded lovely! The strawberry trifle looks so good- really one of my favorites. Very sorry to hear about your younger brother but it's good if it's samll and was caught early and lucky we have a spare kidney if need be. You are the birthday girl this week! If I get busy and forget, I hope you have a very happy day! I'm sure I'll be reminded on FB! :D (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails