Saturday, January 16, 2010

Little Finch & Handmade Jewelry

Wow this week sure went by so fast. Here I made a little video today trying to capture video of cute little Finch birds, every time I try to capture them for video they fly away but today one stayed for a second or two. So sweet! I took the video with my Flip Camcorder again. Turned out so great, just wish it was longer. Will try again soon, but it's suppose to rain all the way until next Friday! Eeeks!
I've been told these little birds are the American Gold Finch. I get a lot of them because of this tree and bush we have in our yard called Crepe Myrtle. They feed off these bushes and trees we have just about all year long. I never have to put bird seed out for them. They are so happy feeding off the bush, especially winter and spring. During the summer, spring and fall the Hummingbird feeds off this bush and tree. We have four bushes and four trees in our backyard. I believe the varieties of of Crape Myrtle's we have are, Basham's Party Pink, Baton Rouge, Biloxi and Byer's White. But there are so many varieties I would have to take a closer look to be appositely sure.
Both the Finch and Hummingbirds are among my favorites.


It's a cute little bird don't you think? Well onto other things like Jewelry! LOL! Here is a bracelet that I made it's a pet charm bracelet not for your pet but for you. It's made with pink Grade A Cat's Eye beads, but you can have it in two colors of blue, purple and green.

Bracelet

http://krystalkats.com/jewels/index.php?item=348 Go ahead and click on the link and see the photo larger and read more about this bracelet. Also available in a Breast Cancer style with a pink or silver ribbon.

It would be a cute Valentine Bracelet as well with a cute little heart charm added to it.

Here is darling pair of earrings thta would be so cute with this bracelet, although I put it at my Artfire Gallery.

I will try to add it to Krystal Kat's soon!

Be sure to check out the jewelry and my video! have a great weekend. ~Kat

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kat,
    Cute little video of the Finch bird. Very cute necklace in pink too! Hope you are not getting to flooded up there with all the rain? It started here around 1:30 but not to hard yet. Have a wonderful week ahead.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat! Very cute bracelet! I will have to come back when I have more time. Pretty little finch too! Have a great Monday! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! That's an American Goldfinch. They love nyjer seed- it's quite expensive. I feed them and often have 20 or more hanging on my feeder. What great bracelets! I wish I had seen that before I sent a gift to Susan. That would've been perfect with the little Doxie! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails