Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

The more I read about Martin Luther King, the more I like him. I like to do a lot of reading in the evening or work on a stitching craft of some sort. I was just a young child when Martin Luther King Jr. was killed, so I never really knew much about him. When I was in school he was not in text books yet either. So I read about him whenever I get the opportunity, but also I love hearing from his family on TV when they talk about him, since they knew him best.

Here is one of his quotes below.....
Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Another
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. ~Martin Luther King Jr.

This weekend on Saturday I started cross stitching Nature's Alphabet, by Bucilla. It's counted cross stitch. I will be done with this in a million years. LOL! well okay not that long.... but doing it just a bit each evening will take me awhile. After you're done stitching you add little charms. When I am done with this cross stitch project, I want to do Holly Hobbie
Holly And The Suitor Counted Cross Stitch Kit. Since I want to do the Holly Hobbie cross stitch as well, I will be sure to work on the Nature's Alphabet like crazy in the evenings.
Holly Hobbie was very popular when I was a young. I remember the figurines were being sold at Hallmark, sadly I don't have any. So I can cross stitch her and that will remind me of her once again.
Check out my Finished Cross Stitch, these were all gifts I made for others, click here. I have tons more to photograph. I have been a avid cross stitcher & beader for a long time. I also have done plenty of crochet.




Today I took my mom for her birthday lunch, it was late, since her birthday was December 31. We went to On The Border, a Mexican Restaurant. Back when it was her birthday just after the Holidays, Steve was really sick, so I just met her for some coffee and gave her a birthday card and gift and then promised her a birthday lunch.
I was so worried about Steve that day that I rushed home to make sure he was okay. He had a really bad flu. Thankfully he is doing fine and it was not long lasting.


I am about to do a Craft Room Make-Over, that will accommodate my computer, sewing machine and beading desk & all my supplies, fabrics and what nots. I just purchased a huge storage cabinet, chair and corner end table for my TV. Finally I will be able to get my craft room that I have wanted all my life. A complete room that is dedicated to all my favorite things,.
I can move everything into one room and store it all nice and neat too. I will get the delivery on Wednesday which is suppose to rain the hardest of course.
Here is some photos of the furniture.


I will be sure to take before and after photos of my craft room. It's going to be quite a change. I am so excited! Have a wonderful Tuesday! ~Kat

9 comments:

  1. Hello Kat, I love your new blog. How neat to have a craft room, I love your choice of furniture & your cross stitch is so pretty. I love samplers & alphabets. This one is very pretty. Glad you had a belated birthday lunch with your mom, I imagine your worry last December, it's great Steve is fine now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat,
    thank you so much for stopping by, I didn't know you were still blogging! I just love blogger. The craft room furniture is so beautiful and I hope you got it delivered.
    The cross stitch is really pretty. My Mom sent me a couple of kits for Christmas.
    I made pear sauce last week and it was so good. I will post about it soon. I'm wondering if we were making sauce at the same time?
    Hope your okay in the weather. Last night they said Sacramento was listed as a one of the worst weather places to be (some new thing on the weather channel)of course i know your not in Sacramento) It's raining here right now pretty good too and I can hear thunder.
    take care !
    hugggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat! You certainly deserve a craft room for all the projects you are always doing! I like everything you've picked out! We just had lightning, thunder and hail. Very unusual for us so it was kind of exciting! Enjoy the weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat,
    I was old enough to see JFK, MLK and Bobby all get assassinated. It change the country forever. MLK was a brilliant man. Sorry Steve is not feeling well hope he gets better soon. You sure do need a craft room. I love the furniture. Take a picture of the room when it is all finished. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your make over! I used to do cross stitch and I ran out of patience.

    We have a storm watch too and I hope it does not rain too hard.

    Enjoy your weekend and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have found you again Kat!
    I think your room will be great. I love what you showed for furniture.
    I used to also do a lot of cross stitch and my mother was an advid tatter and needle pointer.
    I still have some pillowcases I have not finished.. I should get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh darn it i just lost a long comment !
    I was telling you not to worry about anything! It's no biggie, and everything is good, and I'm sorry you were confused.
    I'll be back later when I get over losing my comment. It takes me three tries to post a comment for some reason (?) I think it's because of those letters you have to enter ( oh well) I'm bummed I lost it :(
    Have a great day today Kat!
    {{{hugggs}}}
    oh the reason I wrote that in my comments was so no one else would be confused !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!

    I also enjoy cross stitching but it has been quite a while since I had time to sit down and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, it was great to hear from you! Hope the make over of your craft room goes well. Please post some pictures when you are done.

    I used to do counted cross stitching...but it's been years since I've done it. Your project looks like a nice one. I just started crocheting again after many years. I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails