Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Hosted by Peggy

November 2, 2009

FOR TODAY... from Kat's Daybook


Outside my window... is a bright sunny day, almost like spring, but looks like fall with the leaves on the ground.


I am thinking... of what errands I have to do today, like laundry, picking up medications and doing a bit of shopping.


I am thankful for...making it though the year, it has been a difficult year and I know it's not over yet, but God has truly taught me how selfish I can be.


I am wearing...my favorite Levi's and a fuschia 3/4 sleeved lightly flowered top.


I am remembering...all the falls I have enjoyed and I am thankful for another. Each one so different and precious.


I am going... to play farkle with my daughter this Friday, looking forward to that


I am reading...The Secret by Beverly Lewis


I am hoping... to be more content


I am creating... jewelry and enjoying sewing some purses for gifts


I am hearing... children playing and cars driving on by


A few plans for the rest of the week... finish my projects, pay bills, shop for food


On my mind...things that are happening in our country and how I feel about them


From the learning rooms... Enjoyed watching the General Sherman Civil War Documentary on the History Channel Sunday night. War is hell and that one was brutal. I knew it, but wow, it just took my breath away because I had been reading and working on my family Genealogy all summer long


Noticing that... my head and eyes hurt from my allergies and my neck and shoulder hurts from Fibromyalgia


Pondering these words... A desire to be observed, considered, esteemed, praised, beloved, and admired by his fellows is one of the earliest as well as the keenest dispositions discovered in the heart of man. John Adams


From the kitchen... Macaroni and cheese and hot dogs & mixed veggies, not my favorite food


Around the house...love my new white dishes with a basket-weave trim and flatware with silver and gold


One of my favorite things... Spending my days with my husband.


From my picture journal...

noticing how much my granddaughter Morgan is changing, she is getting older, I look forward to all the days I can spend with her and I am very thankful for her lovely smile and silly ways

Morgan  08 and 09

created this digital scrapbook page with art from www.cottagearts.net

~Kat


4 comments:

  1. Hey, Kat--how are you enjoying "The Secret"? I just finished it's sequel, "The Missing" this morning. I can't wait until the third book comes out so I can see how it all ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so pretty Kat and I loved reading all of your things! That is a darling pic of Morgan. I would love to spend more time digital scrapping. ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kat--I had a hard time reading through "The Secret," too. I usually read them pretty fast, also--but that one seemed a little "boring" to me. I liked "The Missing" a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read any books by Beverly Lewis but I think I am going to look for the book.

    Great job on your scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails