Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tablescape Thursday My New French Cupboard Martha Stewart Dinnerware

I just purchased a place setting of 12 of the Martha Stewart French Cupboard Dinnerware Set x3 for a full service for 12. I didn't have time to set up a table this week, because I was so busy shopping for some white dinnerware that I would like. It was so hard to choose. I finally decided on these, I love the basketweave pattern and the plates are really white, not off white.
I also got some cute pieces from her Forest Grove set, the leaf plate, leaf salt and pepper and the little cute leaf fruit bowls.
Now I have a set to serve the family on during the holidays! just change table clothes, table decorations, napkins and walla! The perfect set to take you through whatever holiday you want. I got them on sale, so it was a real bargain. I didn't get any of the Forest Grove pieces on sale, but that's okay they are so cute.

Thank you Susan for hosting the Tablescape Thursday it's so much fun! Susan's blog is Between Naps on the Front Porch. She has a lovely home. I just loved the Halloween Decorations and tablescape she showed off this week from someone else's home, it is so darling.

This dinnerware set is Martha Stewart's French Cupboard. The other pieces are from her Forest Grove Collection.
Martha Stewart French Cupboard Dinnerware

Another View.
Martha Stewart French Cupboard Dinnerware

Martha Stewart Forest Grove Pieces.
Martha Stewart Leaf from her Forest Grover Dinnerware Collection

My first piece that started me wanting Martha's Dinnerware was this leaf.
Martha Stewart Leaf from her Forest Grover Dinnerware Collection

I tried to make the pumpkin cake that was on the Family Circle Magazine cover, it turned out ugly I think, but the recipe that was included using real pumpkin made the cake so moist. Ugly it was, but yummy to the tummy it certainly is. I like to make cakes, usually they turn out pretty cute, but this one was kind of hard I have to say. I swear the magazine used exact matching frosting and had all the M&M's in a perfect strait row! I tried, but it was hard.
Pumpkin Cake

Happy Tablescaping! and Happy Halloween!
~Kat

24 comments:

  1. Your new tablewares are a great choice for your family to enjoy during the upcoming holidays. I also enjoyed seeing your tablesetting with the lovely colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your cake is ugly at all!
    Pretty dishes too!
    Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was just looking at that picture on my Family Circle mag! so I recognized it right away. You are right--white dishes are handy and you can change up the decorations and tablecloth....the funny thing was that when you said, "Walla" , I at first thought you said Walls! Which would have meant you would have changed the tablecloth, napkins and Walls!! I had a good laugh at that!! Pretty dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dishes are lovely! White dishes are great to have for all ocassions! I don't think your cake is ugly at all. They never turn out like the magazines, do they? I think you still did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, you are going to get so much mileage out of your pretty new dishes! I love the basketweave pattern.
    Oh & did you notice you & I have the same flatware? I used it on Charlie's Halloween party table. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dishes! Great tablescape. The pumpkin cake is fun!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. Be sure to scoot over and enter in for my Giveway...only a few days left!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kat,
    I think your dinnerware is so pretty, and that cake looks delicious and very pretty too.
    Thank you for visiting and leaving me a sweet comment.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I am not a fan of MS but these dishes are lovely ... & that cake stand is gorgeous! Loevly table scape.

    TY for popping over, I enjoyed your visit.
    Have a beautiful weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute cake, how could a pumpkin be ugly??? :) Excellent choice for your tableware! White goes with everything and can be mixed and matched with all colors of the rainbow! Thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new dishes! Great looking table!! And that cake is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see how making that m&m cake would be hard! I think it turned out just fine! and I'll bet it does really taste great!! Love the the cakestand it's on too!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Sherri:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I love the white dinnerware. It is so versatile and classic.
    Your tablescape is lovely and the jack-o-lantern cake is so cute.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those dishes. They look like they will be very versatile and make a lot of great tablescapes. I think the cake turned out pretty cute.

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't go wrong with white dishes. I had not seen this pattern. But then I live under a rock. Thanks for sharing. And your pumpkin cake didn't turn out bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dishes. The cake looks fine.I bet they used cake like you see on the Challenge shows. They geometrically cut the cate and mold the cake to ezact spec to fit all the M&M's on perfectly. Ya know the flag cake if you enlarge it you can not fit the exact # of berries as pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've noticed those dishes myself. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new purchase! White dishes are great. There is just so much you can do with them! The possibilities are endless. Looking forward to seeing many great tablescapes with these! Hope you are having a great TT and have a good Halloween weekend : ) Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like your new white dishes! Very pretty TT!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new dishes are gorgeous! I like white WHITE dishes too! I don't think your cake looks "ugly" and I'd love a piece!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kat
    I really like your new dishes,country charm all the way.I too have a white dinner set,more modern looking though,I aslo just change the accessories for different occasions...easy breezy.
    I think your cake is so cute,not ugly at all.I can imagine all the work it took to make.The most important part is that it tasted good.
    Thank you for visit,that's some good advice you have given me.I know about pain I got out of bed tonight cause I couldn't stand it any more...Fibromialgia
    hope your pain eases up...what do you take for it?
    blessings Gracie
    PS: I didn't know you had two blogs,I'm off to see the other.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your cake looks great! It's probably far more interesting than the one on the magazine cover (they probably had a team measuring and re-measuring everything!). ;)

    Your new dishes are great, and it's nice that you were able to purchase a service for 12!

    Hope you have a Happy Halloween!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know that they cheat on magazine photos don't you? Super models and airbrushing and stuff like that. Theirs probably wasn't even a real cake.
    Yours turned out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awhhh! I love you pumpkin cake! He's got personality.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great new dishes! They will be so versatile! The pumpkin cake is very cute! I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails