Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Out Door Wednesday Tahoe City Dam Covered Bridge

This is my first out door Wednesday it is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer. Thank You Susan.

If you have trouble viewing the photos fully click on them, to see them better. Thanks to Susan for hosting the Out Door Wednesday!

I love the outdoors! right now my husband and I have been visiting lighthouses and Covered Bridges. So far we have found a few in California, however Oregon in which I hope to get back to soon, has the most Covered Bridges West of the Mississippi. But until we can get back to Oregon, we have been visiting all that we can drive to within a few hours of our home.

Here is one near our home we went to on September 25, 2009. It's the Tahoe City Dam Bridge, located in Tahoe City California. I took the covered bridge photos at different angles.

Some history the first Donner Lumber Boom Company built the first dam in 1872. The bridge is located at William B Layton Park, Tahoe City, CA.


http://www.ncgold.com/History/TrckeHis.html

I also took some photos of the lake with sail boats and different plants in the area. It was a beautiful day when we were there. Since the day we were there, close by in Truckee it snowed.

Covered Bridge


William B Layton Park, Tahoe City CA

Covered Bridge

Covered Bridge

Covered Bridge

Covered Bridge

William B Layton Park, Tahoe City CA

William B Layton Park, Tahoe City CA

Taken at Tahoe City, CA

Wild Flower Taken in Tahoe City, I don't know what this wild flower is, but it's beautiful.
Thanks for visiting with me, please leave a comment and I will return the visit, I've already visited many of you and have enjoyed your lovely photos.

~Kat

27 comments:

  1. Hey, Kat,
    I had to stop by the site of the woman who married the same year/same age! (Well, the first time, like you said.) Beautiful jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,
    Welcome to your first Outdoor Wednesday!!

    I guess since we live in Oregon, we should do the treck to see all the covered bridges. =0))

    Be sure if you are ever around Eugene, you look me up. seriously!!

    I'll show you around to the little shops here if you'd like, (beginning with mine of course!) =0))
    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Thanks for coming by for a visit!!

    bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! what lovely photos you got here. the bridge looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday! I just love covered bridges and these are really beautiful shots. It looks like a perfect day for exploring. Thanks for the visit! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great covered bridge. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing photos and you did everything perfect. I love the close ups of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Miss Kat I sure enjoyed my visit ~ as a matter of fact I just mentioned your blog on my post today. hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, a warm welcome to Outdoor Wednesday. What a great post to welcome us bloggers to your world. You took the pictures beautifully and the place is just gorgeous. We live in the same State, but I have not been to Tahoe, someday, we can visit.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went on a trip to Tahoe a few years back. One of the most gorgeous places I have ever seen. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kat. Thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment. I use Windows Live Writer to make my posts. It allows me to use bigger pictures. Windows Live Writer is very easy to use. Go ahead and try it. I bet you'll like it too. Here is the link. Let me know what you think.
    http://download.live.com/writer
    Have a good day,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. first...thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I love the feeling that the brigde photos bring to mind. It is sure a pretty place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kat!
    thanks for stopping by That Old House... and thanks also for posting these amazing photographs of the covered bridge, and of the lake. Stunning.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to blogdom. I love covered bridges, too. Check out my give away. In celebration of my upcoming 100th post I am giving away some gifts. Just follow me and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks beautiful there and your photos turned out great.....good job! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made me wish I could hop on a plane and join you. To me Tahoe is one of the most beautiful areas I have visited. I love everything about it and Reno. I am trying to figure out a way to visit there soon. Thanks for taking me on a great picture tour of this great place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved your photos today. I live in an area with lots of bridges and lots of dams but I've never seen the two combined. Cool! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday! Interesting looking flower. I wonder what it is... I love covered bridges. Beautiful shots you have taken. It looks like was a beautiful day to go exploring.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a gorgeous covered bridge!! this is only my second time blogging with "outdoor wednesday", I am a newbie too, it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kat,
    I, too, am fairly new to Outdoor Wednesdays and I just love seeing all the wonderful places around our country that I would love to visit. That covered bridge (that is also the dam!) is just beautiful...so serene. I love covered bridges and anytime I get to visit my daughter in PA, I'm going to try to visit a covered bridge! That is my new goal! LOL!

    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome photos! There is something really magical about covered bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome to outdoor Wednesday.
    What beautiful photo's and the bridge is so special. We don't have those in my country. Beautiful. LOve the lake and the mountains.Thank you for your visit. I am glad you did. Have a nice day
    Riet, The Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kat,
    Welcome to OW, you did a fantastic job on presenting these beautiful photos.Enjoyed each and everyone of them. Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving such a sweet comment.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kat,
    Wow! You did a wonderful job with the pictures. Good luck, dear friend, in all you endeavors.
    Hugs
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous pictures. Thanks for sharing them. Happy OW. Hope to see you next week.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kat,
    Great looking blog. Beautiful pictures.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails