Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins



1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup pumpkin
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup blueberries

Combine pumpkin and spices with evaporated milk, mix until blended. Cream shortening and sugar in large mixing bowl, add egg: beat until mixture is fluffy. Add flour mixture to pumpkin and spices and egg & shortening mixture, mix together all ingredients. Gently fold in blueberries.
Fill 18 muffin tins 3/4 full or 6 large tins.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Happy Baking!
If you bake this and like it, be sure to come back and let me know!


Jenny's Grandchild

10 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your kind words...and for stopping by my blog. When I read your bio...I was pleasantly surprised where you are located! My husband and I were married in a church in Placer county...Placerville. We love it there. We are now in S. California but have relatives up there. You are in a beautiful area of California!
    glad to meet you!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These look and sound really good! I think I'll stir up a batch this weekend. Thanks! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment.
    I originally wanted to do like you and have a webpage linked from my blog. I just don't know if I get enough traffic.
    Still trying to decide what to do.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed my visit to yours today. Your pictures are so pretty--especially the covered Bridge. This muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm these muffins look so good! I love both pumpkin and blueberries so they would be a real treat! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great combination. Looks yummy. It's a must...I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, those look amazing! I may have to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are the same lady who had a graphics website some time ago. Enjoyed visiting your blog and looking through your jewelry website. I will have to try your pumpkin-blueberry muffins as they look delicious.

    Jayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin and blueberries,together! I've never tried this combination before.They look very good.I'll give them a go.
    Thank you
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Kat! My daughter made these the other night, and they were very good!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Have a great night :) Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and stopping by my blog.... it was so sweet of you to visit with me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails